Anyone work at a dealership in sales? I'm looking for a F-150

lemosley01

I'm in the market to trade my Mustang in for a truck. I think I'm sold on the F-150, looking for a SuperCrew XLT 4x4. Doesn't have to have the FX4 package, but I do want a tow package and other goodies if I can get them :D

I'm looking to stay in the 15-17K range, which, with the used truck market being what it is, should get me a pretty nice 2002-2004 F-150 (I hope).

I've also considered the Dakotas and like those as well, and the Sonoma/S-10. Same things apply - 4x4, tow package, quad cab.

I was at Ricart and found a F-150 that fit the bill perfectly, until the sales guy tried to jerk me off. I'm still pissed off about it.

Can anyone help me out? I'd like to give any potential business to CR members, if I can.

at Ricart and found a F-150 that fit the bill perfectly, until the sales guy tried to jerk me off. I'm still pissed off about it.

Just curious but, what happened?

i was in the market about a month ago for a new car. Entertained the idea of getting a pickup, found an '04 xlt 4x4 at graham for 17,xxx other than that didnt really see anything else. Of course i wasnt set on a truck so im sure if you look hard enough i wouldve been able to find something.

harry, basically the guy treated me like a fucking idiot and wasn't willing to move AT ALL. I can understand if you don't want to deal, but there is no need to be sarcastic and an asshole. I don't know if they didn't want my car or the guy just wanted to go home (it was 6pm on a Sunday), but if you don't want to talk to me now, just tell me.

The truck was an 02 Crewcab 4x4 for 21,995. Nice truck, but with what market value is on these things, not 22K worth of nice. I figured we could deal on it. They 'appraised' my car, and this jackass named 'John' comes back to me with 530 a month * 72 months - over 38K! I was like 'I can buy a brand NEW supercrew for that right now'. I seriously thought it was a joke. He was just basically sarcastic and unwilling to really even talk to me.

We also stopped by the new trucks center to check out the lease specials they had going on, and not one person offered to help us, even after I walked into the showroom and walked right by the two Shelby Cobras and the front desk. Only one guy said anything at all, and that was 'hi' as he headed out to the lot. We were probably in there for 15 minutes or so.

Very bizarre. I took a shower before going there, so it isn't like I stunk (I think!).

harry, basically the guy treated me like a fucking idiot and wasn't willing to move AT ALL. I can understand if you don't want to deal, but there is no need to be sarcastic and an asshole. I don't know if they didn't want my car or the guy just wanted to go home (it was 6pm on a Sunday), but if you don't want to talk to me now, just tell me.

The truck was an 02 Crewcab 4x4 for 21,995. Nice truck, but with what market value is on these things, not 22K worth of nice. I figured we could deal on it. They 'appraised' my car, and this jackass named 'John' comes back to me with 530 a month * 72 months - over 38K! I was like 'I can buy a brand NEW supercrew for that right now'. I seriously thought it was a joke. He was just basically sarcastic and unwilling to really even talk to me.

We also stopped by the new trucks center to check out the lease specials they had going on, and not one person offered to help us, even after I walked into the showroom and walked right by the two Shelby Cobras and the front desk. Only one guy said anything at all, and that was 'hi' as he headed out to the lot. We were probably in there for 15 minutes or so.

Very bizarre. I took a shower before going there, so it isn't like I stunk (I think!).

hahah sounds like that same thing that happened to the wife and me when they wanted to sell me a 52k escape.

Damn! Who's grave did you dance on?!

hahaah

ok hears the deal. last summer when we really decided we were going to try to have kids the wife wanted to get a small sport ute. So we went to Ricart and found a Escape she liked had all hte opions she wanted and really like the color.

Anyway was 20k but with rebates was a bit over 17k. We were going to trade my truck in and is was wayyyy upside down on it. (03 Dakota fully loaded) trade in on it was 9k on kbb. Ricart gave us 9k for it and I was upside down around 9k which was fine we knew this before we even started looking.

So they get us in and start talking numbers and we tell them we would like a 5 year buy or a 3 year lease. so he goes off and runs the numbers comes back after 5 or 10 min and is like here is what we can do. On the 5 year buy with no money down was $889 a month and on the lease was $990. I looked at him and just started laughing at loud.

After about 5 minutes of me laughing at him we broke the numbers down.

$17,500 for that escape

$9000 on my trade in

and gave him $3000 on tax title

total $29500

60 months @ $889 $53340

36 months @$990 $35640

So I hasked him on that buy where the extra 20k was coming into play. his answer was interest and other fees which he couldn't explain nor would he give me the interest rate.

With that payment I could have bought my truck new again and bought the escape. So after 10 minutes of try ing to a answer of why we were paying so much we said fuck-it and left.

So they get us in and start talking numbers and we tell them we would like a 5 year buy or a 3 year lease. so he goes off and runs the numbers comes back after 5 or 10 min and is like here is what we can do. On the 5 year buy with no money down was $889 a month and on the lease was $990. I looked at him and just started laughing at loud.

After about 5 minutes of me laughing at him we broke the numbers down.

$17,500 for that escape

$9000 on my trade in

and gave him $3000 on tax title

total $29500

60 months @ $889 $53340

36 months @$990 $35640

So I hasked him on that buy where the extra 20k was coming into play. his answer was interest and other fees which he couldn't explain nor would he give me the interest rate.

With that payment I could have bought my truck new again and bought the escape. So after 10 minutes of try ing to a answer of why we were paying so much we said fuck-it and left.

Holy shit, thats rediculous. i have a good friend that use to write service there but ive heard nothing but bad stories about their sales staff. I went to Honda Marysville for my 04 jetta and i got everything i wanted and was a VERY painless process. i knew exactly what my credit looked like and how much i could bargain, talked to the finance manager and gave me everything i wanted, didnt even bother asking for money down.

Back on topic. I would look at Graham's lot, a month ago they didnt have any 4dr F150's but i do know they buy alot of trucks so that might've changed since then. They always buy too many damn trucks (i use to work there) for their used car lot.

Lemosley, I work at Taylor in Lancaster and we've got about 200 used vehicles in one lot plus more at our Athens lot. I'll look and see what we have tomorrow. I know we probably have 4 or 5 F-150's. PM me and let me know what you're looking for price/payment wise and I'll take a look and let you know what we have.

Same thing here. I don't know how they ever sell a car, acting the way they do. I went there to look at a car for my wife last year; I waited 45 minutes and still no help. I said fuck it and bought her an 05 Malibu Maxx the same day somewhere else.

Thanks guys!

Incidentally, Ricart did call me and talked about my e-mail - they were apologetic, well, really more like 'excuse-making' as to why it happened. It sounded like they wanted to put some of the blame on me. I don't *think* I was being an asshole, but who knows.

I'm definitely done with them - if that is how their salesmen are, I shudder to think about the vehicles and rip-off cons they try with them.

i believe its osugt that works up at chapman ford in marysville. i think he said he was sales manager or something.

Thanks for the plug, Chris

If I can help out anyone at all, I'd be more than happy to cut through the BS and put a deal together.

We are a small dealership and know the value of treating people right.

Later,

Jason

Mike,

I worked with Tom over at Nissan when you bought your Tundra.

Thanks Mark. I found out about XPlan access the other day.

Just to let everyone know, we went the new truck route. Andy, I wasn't ignoring you but found this truck and decided to see what I could do. You were next on my list.

Anyway, we traded in both cars (and took a hit on the Freestyle because of negative equity) to get a 2006 Supercrew F150 with the Lariat package - I think it has almost every option except the 'Home Link' and the DVD player (which we already have). It is a demo with 5K miles on it, but they threw in the premiumcar 5/60000 warranty on it and we got a pretty substantial reduction plus the 0% interest rate.

Now I gotta buy a beater so my wife can drive the nice truck. How does that work again?