Looking for some advice for making helmet decals...

Harb67

So I want to put some basic decals on my helmet and need some advice. I'm not telling exactly what I'm trying to do; it's a surprise :D

The part I need help with is stripes. What sort of materials should I use? I was thinking vinyl tape or something, but I don't know anything about this sort of thing. Autozone has 1/4" pinstriping tape that comes in the colors I need, but I was hoping to get something wider than that. I need some in white, red, and black. I suppose their black and white options would work, but I need a thicker red (preferably 1" or 1.5").

Can anyone else who has done any decal work throw any suggestions out? I don't really want to spend a ton of money; this is just a fun little project that won't even be permanent; just last for a few months tops. I'm considering just hitting up all the craft/hobby shops I can think of, as well as places like Autozone and seeing if they happen to have anything, but if anyone has any sure-fire solutions, that'd make things much easier.

Thanks!

There is a Tint shop on Indianola Ave. in clintonville close to Morse rd.

the owner does pinstriping butnot with paint. its some special tape.

i know he specializes in OSU themes. he has block "O"'s and stuff like that.

here is there number if you want to give them a call.

they also do die cut 3M clear protection for CARS AND BIKES.

He has an R6 i believe thats done up. i had 2 of my cars done there and 3 other friends did as well .

anyway heres the number

AAA tint 614-262-0116