landscaping questions

88lx5oh

im looking for a nice cheap stone to build a retaining wall in my front yard.

i want somethign similar to wha tis around those ponds off the avery rd exit on 33. i know i would not be able to afford them, but i want that type of look.

anyone know where to get somethign like this or have any good suggestions for curb appeal for my home?

also has anyone ever laid a stone patio..

im interested in doing this in my backyard as well.

im tryin to gather up anough information to make a good decision, and see what need sto be bought.

this will be started as soon as spring hits.

ill be removing some trees and basically tilling up my backyard and getting it seeded properly.

i woudl like a retaining wall in my backyard to seperate the driveway from the backayard, a retaining wall in the front yard on the outermost to the street. and some flower planters built fomr rock as well.

i woul dliek to have a stone patio in the backyard, nothign huge jus tlike 15x8 or something.

a few planters in the backyard as well.

and i inted to bust up my old concrete walkway in the front and do a stone walkway.

you mean a wall out by the sidewalk of your front yard? i may be way off, but you may want to check with city ordinances (sp?) to see if they allow that, or if you have to get some sort of permit....kinda like some places you have to get one to put up a fence

you mean a wall out by the sidewalk of your front yard? i may be way off, but you may want to check with city ordinances (sp?) to see if they allow that, or if you have to get some sort of permit....kinda like some places you have to get one to put up a fence

yeah i grew up in the country where you didnt need a permit for anythign so im pretty sure im not gonna pay for a permit to put anythign on my own property. especially if it is going to increase the value o fmy home and other homes around it.

Only thing you need to worry about is if within 25 ft of the road if it is and the city has to move it they are not responsable to put it back.

We bought a ton of simular rock for our landscaping from that buckeye mulch (I think its the place over by Napa on 161) and it was around 250 or 300.

how much did that cover??

i want to do about 30 feet thats in the front to start with.. about as high as in that picture

not very much when I get home I will post a pic of the land scaping or if you want your welcome to stop over and look at it. (you know where i live) but I won't be home till about 10.

IF I had to guess you will need about 2 to 3 ton of rock. guessing

opps just spioke with the wife and wegot 1/2 a ton and it was about 250

thats white limestone

if you pick it up yourself its not too expensive (its bought by the ton)

home depot has 2-4 hour 1 day classes to teach you the basics one of them is laying a patio

I use to teach those classes at the Depot. Mostly they will teach you how to lay a flat base and PROPERLY build up so its not top heavy which could settle and fall. good luck and be ready to work.

o im ready to wrok.. thats why im doing it myself, i love learning new things especially home remodeling. this i sbasically my learner house.. i want to do as muc hshit to learn on on this house so when we buy our next i can do it 100%

so far i have learned..

how to lay ceramic tile

how to lay laminet flooring

learned alot about HVAC from problems with ours i had to diagnose

learned alot about plumbing

i havent really delt with any appliances before and now i have unhooked dishwashers and stoves, and what not. hooking up the water lines and return lines for the dishwasher.

electrical stuff with wiring outlets and new lighting (110 hurts)

i really want to learn landscaping.. atleast a good basic knowledge. i really want my home to have great appeal. even though its not the most expensive house i want it to have a luxurious feel to it. and hope that when we sell it prospective buyers will feel the same way.

yeah my father started teaching me young about everything so I would be ready when I got my first house so I dont fuck anything up. If you can lay tile you can lay carpet cause its easy. Landscaping isnt hard at all, its just trying to perfect what you see as the example in your mind. I would hit up a class if I were you. Also depending on where you live I would only hit up a couple stores due to the fact some stores inner city, hire bodies not people with experience. I would go to the one on 23N in powell and the one on stringtown. I have worked with most those people 2 years ago and if they are still there they can help you a lot.