Alliance Data Westerville and Broad Street

CJINOHIO03

i saw they're offering sign on bonuses for experienced collections on broad...i work at NCO now, and been w/ them (was RMA before) for about 1.5 years...

what kind of sign on bonuses are they offering and what clients do you do collections for? and hows the bonus structure over there work? 3x salary?

I think the hours may vary by site. You have some input so some people that do collections work the split shifts to get the prime hours of contacting people. You do not have to work like that though. I have heard from some people who came to Westerville from Broad that it is more flexible here. There are auto dial. mid range and recovery collections jobs available. The benefits and incentives are good especially for recovery. Some people make almost 100k a year. I think we are having a job fair soon I will let you guys know. The website is http://www.alliancedata.com/

If you apply online and/or in person put my name down as a referral Christopher Johnson. Let me know if you do though ahead of time and make sure you spell out my whole name dont just put Chris. CJ

so....i guess you didnt really answer my questions.

id like it if you could find out what clients they are hiring for and what kind of sign on bonuses theyre offering for people w/ experience...right now, im doing auto retail (were the first agency it comes to once it leaves the client) 3rd party

and again, how does your bonus structure work over there?

im not in a huge rush to get the info, as i wouldnt even be trying to start until after the 1st of the month (if i quit before end of month i dont get my bonus), but i have been looking for a new place to go....theyve been dickin everyone around here lately, and i (as well as everyone else) am getting sick of it

and whos the HR person i would need to talk to at either location? will both of them know you?

What kinda starting pay? My wife right now works for Gardners inc doing inbound sales/support for Tractor stuff. Is it all collections ? I don't think she would be good at collections But I would love to see her make more cash so i can have a KB monte carlo

I can answer 1 of the questions - Autodial and midrange = Victoria's Secret, Lerner and Maurices openings.

yeah...i definately wont be doing some dialer collections. our supervisor tries to put us on the dialer about 1x a month, everyone hates it, and we dont collect shit. i have to be able to call someone when i want to...

if im gonna be switching to go over there, im gonna have to be making at least 30k/yr, otherwise, leaving here and starting at the bottom again isnt going to help me much

Evan it depends on what location you work at for what type of accounts. Alliance Data services more then a hundred different retail (store) credit cards. This is first party collections since we own the bank World Financial Network National Bank.

Someone with no experience would prolly start/qualify for auto dial. This is people who are a few days to 2 months late. In Westerville it is mostly the clients Vinny mentioned. This is all auto dialer outbound calls the people get a base pay then get so much for each pay by phone (check over the phone), Also they are incentives for meeting other queue goals and team goals.

Midrange is a mix of auto dial and manual calls. You also receive inbound calls from customers. The teams are split up by how late people are. There 2-3, 4-5, and 6 months late teams. The more late people are the less dialer work there is. The pay structure is the same as autodial except a higher base pay then so much for each pay by phone anywhere from 1-3.00 depending on how many you get and how late the customers are. You also have queue incentives and team standards.

Finally recovery is the place you might want to be due to you experience and if you want to make the most money. This is people whose accounts have charged off. They have the highest base pay plus money for the pay by phones but then you get also get anwyhere from .15-.20 on the dollars for everything you collect over the goal. So if your goal is 30000 for the month and you collect 60000 you would get $6000 (30000 X .20) Since there is only recovery location you can handle any client we have they could be ones mentioned before to expensive furniture/electronic stores to home improvement etc. As said before this is manually dialing only and you have your own direct line and manage your own queue. There also other incentives like once you hit certain dollar amounts for career like 250k million etc you get money and if you average over 100% to your goal for a rolling 6 months you get 250.00 a month. They have very good beenfits and always are givign away stuff or having contests in adddtion to what I mentioned.

If you are interested pm me and I can get you info passed directly to the department manager to get things rollings.

Thorne it depends on the postions experience etc. We have sales and service postions (customer Service) Store services (New Accounts) positions also. If she does inbound sales you might be surprised she might be good at collections. Someone in hr could tell you pay range etc. You can apply on the link I posted before. I did find out there is a open house Wednesday at westerville site which is 220 West Shrock Road. The info is listed below let me know if anyone is interested I can pass there name along. Also like I said before you can apply online and put me down as a referral Christopher Johnson

Please refer any friends and family to the Tailgate Party taking place on Wednesday, September 13th from 11-1pm and 4-6pm.

I did find out there is a open house Wednesday at westerville site which is 220 West Shrock Road. The info is listed below let me know if anyone is interested I can pass there name along. Also like I said before you can apply online and put me down as a referral Christopher Johnson

Please refer any friends and family to the Tailgate Party taking place on Wednesday, September 13th from 11-1pm and 4-6pm.

yeah...i definately wont be doing some dialer collections. our supervisor tries to put us on the dialer about 1x a month, everyone hates it, and we dont collect shit. i have to be able to call someone when i want to...

if im gonna be switching to go over there, im gonna have to be making at least 30k/yr, otherwise, leaving here and starting at the bottom again isnt going to help me much

Now ask anyone there about their turnover rate, from entry-level to Directors.

If you're comfortable where you're at and like you tenure, stay there.

any collection agency has high turnover rate...its not for everyone...i swear in my department where im at now (we collect on ford credit) ive probably seen 40 collectors come and go in my 16 months

CJ - ill definately be hitting up the thing wednesday, unless you can get me in with one of the HR dept people. i really prefer not to be on the auto-dialer crap...right now, im used to what you described in the 3rd part...we have a goal of (last month for example) 7500 in fee....fee is anywhere from 26-28% (2 dift ford clients), and anything after your entry (3x your pay....last month mine was like 5300) you keep 30% of the fee...it comes out to be about 8.5 cents on the dollar

i heard from my supervisor today that they had my review done and decided to give me a whopping 3% raise (29 cents) which boosts me up to 10.02/hr...as soon as i get over there and talk to someone, if i decide to get on over there, im telling nco buh-bye

other than all that, it seems like a typical collection agency...i just need to get somewhere where im making a bit more on the hour...garunteed money > possible bonus

I'm saying the company in general. The company has a higher than average turnover rate.

Too many politics and corporate burecracy. I worked in two completely different departments, and saw ALL of them as well as interacted with everyone from entry-level collectors to Presidents and VPs on a daily basis.

I'm being serious, whether you're an ass-kisser, a lazy fuck, or someone that actually busts their ass, you're at risk as is everyone else because you're playing the Game of Houses every time you walk into that door.

So again, if you're comfortable in what you do now and like your tenure, I'd highly recommend staying put and looking elsewhere if you have to absolutely leave.

Its like anywhere there are good and bad things about anywhere. But there is a quite a few people on the board who have worked there for awhile. I have worked in the credit card industry/banking for over 10 years and can say it is one of the better places I have worked.

I think Anthony is being a little biased due to some personal things I wont mention here. I got some more information for everyone on the pay scales listed below.

autodial $8.52-12.78

midrange $9.5-14.06 hr

supplemental workforce

customer service

store services $8.52-12.78 hr

recovery $11.55-17.33 hr

I worked at CBCS downtown last year and with no experience at all walked in @ $12/hr. they too had games and prizes and bonuses and all that other hoohaa, but I'm just surprised you've been working at NCO for over a year and don't even make $10 an hour, shit, there lowest pay was $10.50 everyone made that. Not trying to be mean, just wondering why you'd do that shit work for such little pay?

when i got hired, i was delivering pizza, making 5.15/hr, plus tips, but gas/car care was killing the 15$/hr i was making...9.73 was a good rate for me at the time. for the first few months i was a tier 2 collector, not really collecting shit...they dropped a bunch of people and i got moved up, accelerated at what i do. honestly, i was hoping for at least a 1$ raise after a year...my boss said the highest you can get is 5%, which would have only been 49 cents. at this point, even if i were to get over at ADS for the lower pay end he mentioned, it would be 1.53/hr more than what ill be at after this shitty raise, and give me an extra 250$/mo. im sure i could walk over there as a tier 1 collector with no problem. im gonna find out what they say tomorrow and come in to work and let them know

only shitty thing is right now we have 4 people on the file im on...me and another guy (used to be my boss, REAL good collector) are both ready to quit. hes already doing shit to get a new job by next month. if i leave as well, this file...id be suprised if they keep it in office. im thinking if i tell them im gonna leave, theyre gonna try to keep me around by upping my pay...if that happens, it makes it harder for me to bonus. if i go over to ADS, if its based on goal, it shouldnt really matter what i make per hour since its so much of the amount past goal