16 year old dies on r1

John

even if you spent your youth on go-carts, DOESN'T mean you should have a corvette as your first car.

just because you spend your youth on dirt bikes DOESN'T mean your first street bike should be a literbike.

regardless of the consequences, it was a bad call.

It's unfortunate for his family, and I'm sure his father is kicking himself harder than anyone right now.

This was just an unfortunate accident from a kid who was 16 years old. The article stated that the kid;

"grew up on motorized bikes, quads, Sea-doos, ATVs and motorcycles since he was 18 months old. Allen permitted Austin since age 15 ½ to ride his Yamaha FV6." And the father had preached safety first and ridden with him the kid was 16. The father had trusted his son on a bike and was trying to make him happy.

How many times when you were 16 did you disobey your parents? I can count endless times. The father just made the call based on how well his son and ridden with him. He trusted his son that he would make the right decision on the bike. Didn't matter if it was a 600, 750, or 1000, the kid would have done the same thing.

It is just a very unfornate situation, were the kid "disobeyed" his father and ended up getting killed. I feel very bad for the family, especially the father. R.I.P.

i see everyones side to this unfortunate story.

the family is going to have to deal with this longer than we will argue on it.

i dont think the dad is a tool. we are all human (except john) and make really bad decisions from time to time and we pay the consequences. thats it.

now on the other hand, i dont care if my kid had Nicky Hadens upbringing, no way in hell would i let my 16 year old have a liter street bike. but thats just me. he will probably get a beater civic if hes lucky. but thats just me.

R1_ MP.

you an MP?

Ok Nick, I've gone 100+mph in a parking lot, are you going to question my intelligence? We both know how that worked out for you on the Assfault Junkies page with HELLARIDER. You're quick to run your cocksucker you can back it up anytime.:supergay:

Intelligence has nothing to do with common sense.....and you have must have none. :slap:

Dean Thompson, a spokesman for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation in Irvine, said their organization recommends smaller, lighter, less powerful bikes for beginning riders. "But some 16-year-olds are expert racers," he said. "The right motorcycle choice all comes down to skill level."

I disagree with this. Maturity is just as important (probably more) than skill level. It's all about controlling those urges to twist the throttle and clearly this young kid was not able to do that. Sad to hear it cost him his life....RIP

Ok boys this is where the trouble starts. Shit talking, we all know the both of you can ride but does it really need to come to all of this. A boy has pasted I'm sure his family is scorned over this.

The both of u are making OHIORIDERS look bad by acting like children. You know how many people are on this form? Including fathers of riders.

What no heart, you chould have some compassion. What if this was a family member, a friend or even an OHIORIDER. The fact is we all enjoy riding fast, even some of us enjoy STUNTING at the wrong place or wrong time. So what does that make us? So don't cast judgement. We all have onetime or another witnessed something also.

Austin RIP

Bless all who ride. You never know when your day will come!

Only thing I can put out there is it said they kid had the bike about a week. From what I gather is that he had ridden a FZ6 some before getting an R1 and ridden dirt bikes.

But still 150+ RWHP R1 is a lot different then a FZ6 and Dirt bikes. Now if he had been riding it 6-8 months I could see him being able to handle it and making a stupid mistake and not the power's fault. I feel power was involved if it was a highspeed crash in a parking lot. He hit the gas and got going faster then he thought he would.

I don't think the father was a tool for getting him a bike, but a R1 that was not the smartest thing to do. The kid could could have been just as happy with a R6, GSXR 600, ZX6R, 600RR, and may have been able to save it in this situation or we could be discussing a 600 too much for a 16 yr old.

If he was in the parking lot was he showing off for others? If so where is their descriptions of what happened. He could have been trying to learn the bike in a parking lot environment instead of the street. Who knows.

I know the first time I started to acclerate (normal hot hard) on my 97 TLS after a few months on a SecaII 600 it about jerked the bars out of my hands.

I know a guy who gave a 16 year old kid the keys to a 450hp 1975 Corvette. Thing was mint, Candy Apple Red, nice ass polished alum wheels, cherry car. Turned heads anywhere it went. Kid grew up in his fathers garage, worked on cars his entire life, built his first 10 second small block when he was 15, helped restore half a dozen 'Vettes, a couple old Porsches, and fix literally hundreds of wrecked cars that rolled through their body shop. Him and his father shared a love of fast and powerfull cars, and were at the drag strip together almost every weekend. He let the kid take his first pass down the strip alone the summer of his 16th birthday. Is he an idiot? Not that anyones opinion on my father matters to me but it's not the fathers fault he's dead. My father trusted me with that machine, that he bought brand new, poured his heart, soul and life in to. He knew I respected it and knew the consequences of not respecting it. I could have easily killed myself or someone else in that car but I didn't.

to me its pretty clear - he shouldn't have been stunting. He's dead because of it. Blame the father - that's a tough one for me. I know that if I was buying my kid his first street bike, I sure as hell wouldn't give him a litre bike.

Street riding and jet skis/dirt bikes/atv are very different animals and have very different consequences.

The kid would have been better served with a 250 for his first year. IMO of course.

R.I.P.