WTB: Handgun

JaSSon

i have a steyr 9mm compact jason ill sell ya for 300

like this

http://www.steyr-mannlicher.com/index.php?id=644

+1 for the Steyr, that's a great (and kinda neat) gun

Damn, I wish I had the money. I should have never sold my M40. I just couldn't find a good holster for it at the time, prompting the purchase of "The Noisy Cricket".

What would ever cause you to think that a rifle would make a good home defense weapon?

The 223 has more than tripple the velocity of a 180GR .45 bullet. The UMC 223 has 3550 ft lbs of energy at the muzzle. At the very best a 180 grain 45 has 1000 ft lbs.

Why do you think just about every swat team has deployed the AR15/223 platform as its primary weapon? it's deadly in CQ.

The 223 has more than tripple the velocity of a 180GR .45 bullet. The UMC 223 has 3550 ft lbs of energy at the muzzle. At the very best a 180 grain 45 has 1000 ft lbs.

Why do you think just about every swat team has deployed the AR15/223 platform as its primary weapon? it's deadly in CQ.

So when you have to swing that long ass barrel around and miss your target, it goes through your wall and into the neighbors house. Sweet.

In the unlikely event my house gets broken into when i'm home, you bet your ass i'm not going to miss. point shooting isnt difficult from within 25 meters. Having a 16" barrel kind of helps, too.

if swat teams in urban combat situations were worried about over penetration problems, do you think this would be there go to weapon?

So, us bickering isnt helping? but yet you had to throw in your 2 cents? that's always sweet.

btw, i would like to argue that the m4 isnt better for cq. if you're using 3 round burst, and your first shot misses, you're probably not going to hit on the second or third, either.

besides, no civillian can own one anyway, so your statement is erroneous!

What would ever cause you to think that a rifle would make a good home defense weapon?

You can buy a 10.5" barrel for an AR if you pay the $200 fee, I believe. That's what I will be going with when I do my first AR build.

Also, haven't you heard:

Your knife is for fighting your way towards your handgun.

Your handgun is for fighting your way towards your rifle.

Your rifle is for fighting your way towards your howitzer

Your howitzer is for fighting your way towards your tank.....

And on and on.

You can buy a 10.5" barrel for an AR if you pay the $200 fee, I believe. That's what I will be going with when I do my first AR build.

Or you can get an AR "pistol" and most likely spend less than you would on a cheap AR, and deal with less paperwork bullshit.

So, us bickering isnt helping? but yet you had to throw in your 2 cents? that's always sweet.

btw, i would like to argue that the m4 isnt better for cq. if you're using 3 round burst, and your first shot misses, you're probably not going to hit on the second or third, either.

besides, no civillian can own one anyway, so your statement is erroneous!

ok im bored so ill answer your questions

I KNOW people personaly that have in fact have used (not talked like they have) all series of CQB weapons. Next, when is a civilian going to have to have cqb battles? If there was someone coming in your house you might as well use a 12 gauge buck shot and make sure it cleans the hall way, problem solved.

Next if your using a 3 shot burst and miss the first round, therefore missin the last 2, you could safetly say within the .85 second the 3 round leave the barrel you can aim again and fire.

Last thing. I have shot AR-15s before and there not all there crack up to be. to me i think they are a waste of money. I sure the hell wouldnt use an ar15 for cqb. Hell give me an shotgun. if I wanted a distance gun I would go .308/30-06/.22-250 depending on what your shooting. 22-250 has less drop at 300-500 yards then .223/.308/30-06.

Jason I talked to my brother and he doesnt really want to sell any. BUT he did say he will bring them home from Bragg and you can fire them to see what you like the best. He will be home later october.

ok, first of all i dont have a 12 gauge, second of all, i dont want to own a 12 gauge. i dont fucking hunt deer. I have an AR and i think it's pimp shit.

if you read my post, you would know i said "IN THE UNLIKELY EVEN MY HOUSE GETS BROKEN INTO I'M GOING TO USE MY AR" Which would be the only gun i have atm. RARRRRRRRRRRR drunk typing post at 5 in the morning.

I don't see a lot of swat teams, or any military outfits clearing houses/rooms with 12 gauges for crying out loud. give me a break.

im going to give myself a break and not type anymore since i'm drunk but whatever.

ok, first of all i dont have a 12 gauge, second of all, i dont want to own a 12 gauge. i dont fucking hunt deer. I have an AR and i think it's pimp shit.

if you read my post, you would know i said "IN THE UNLIKELY EVEN MY HOUSE GETS BROKEN INTO I'M GOING TO USE MY AR" Which would be the only gun i have atm. RARRRRRRRRRRR drunk typing post at 5 in the morning.

I don't see a lot of swat teams, or any military outfits clearing houses/rooms with 12 gauges for crying out loud. give me a break.

im going to give myself a break and not type anymore since i'm drunk but whatever.

Actually I believe you said something more to the affect "If you want something for HD, get this." and posted a pic of your A/R.

Concerning home defense the best weapon for a Civilian is a 12 Gauge shotgun, period. Low penetration, and high area of impact.

Your average civilian is going to be shitting his pants, and is going to have a great deal of difficulty hitting anything, even at close range with anything else. Also concerning SWAT/Tactical team. AFAIK many still employ some time of shotgun for room clearing.

Back on Target, Adam, how much for that Shotgun?

Jason, get something in at least .45. 9mm gets boring to shoot after a while :)

well maybe you need to talk to some teams then, the door openers and room sweepers usually are packing a stubbed 12 gauge and a m16.

Also check with military there is always one with a shotgun. My brother use to CQB in Iraq, Afganistan with a 12 gauge Benelli and a M4.

here is a little reading if you like about the shotgun they DONT use:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benelli_M4_Super_90

I was being facetious toward John because he was this | | close to buying my AR.

This topic could be debated for hours upon hours. I've seen threads on AR15.com that lasted 20 pages.

Also, I never said swat teams or military outfits DIDNT use a 12 gauge. I know it's in use, just that I see the majority of SWAT teams employ a MP5 or AR/M4 type system.

In regards to the average civilian shitting their pants in the event a home invasion occured... I would revert to my training in hopes of hitting the intended target, and that i'm shooting straighter than my enemy :D

Whats all this talk about paper work...And AR-15's

I'll get you an AK for $300 with a drum clip and 3 extra clips. Its the one with the knife on the end. No paper work involved.(lol)

I had a highpoint 380 and my shit jammed everytime on the second shot. but I would be able to just cock it back again the jammed bullet would come out and next one would fire, along with the rest of the clip most times.

All this talk about shooting makes me wonder. How the hell do you guys purchase all these guns and restrain yourself from using them on people!?!