Need your Suspension set?

yotaman88210

who here is fast? do you ride past the limits of the tires? come on who cares if you are fast or not but having the right suspension setup is nice.

I agree. While you may not be able to take advantage of a perfectly setup suspension, a poorly setup suspension can certainly hurt even an inexperienced rider.

BTW would the fast group of the 1% like to go ride at nelson or beaver and show me how fast you are? I will ride my 2004 gsxr 600 or the 2007 gsxr 1000 track bikes. it is soooo fuc*ing funny how street riders on their first or second bike think they are faster than anyone else.

[/quote:4fd0e]

What AMA class are you racing? :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW would the fast group of the 1% like to go ride at nelson or beaver and show me how fast you are? I will ride my 2004 gsxr 600 or the 2007 gsxr 1000 track bikes. it is soooo fuc*ing funny how street riders on their first or second bike think they are faster than anyone else.

The point here is, with your suspension set up, you are as fast as you are. You're not limited to shitty bike performance. I may be the slowest in the pack, but I know it's because of me, not my bike. My "exit ramp" (read non-racer) speed increased dramatically when I got my suspension set up. I feel safer on the bike.

Plus, one thing not mentioned so far is, braking is much more fluid and predictable with the suspension set for me.

The point here is, with your suspension set up, you are as fast as you are. You're not limited to shitty bike performance. I may be the slowest in the pack, but I know it's because of me, not my bike. My "exit ramp" (read non-racer) speed increased dramatically when I got my suspension set up. I feel safer on the bike.

Plus, one thing not mentioned so far is, braking is much more fluid and predictable with the suspension set for me.

nothing wrong at all about back of the pack. a safe and controlled rider is who i would rather ride with than a fast and dangerous one. and for the record i was not directing comments to you at all, more towards the 99% rule of what people need or dont need, i did say the right setup is nice to have

What AMA class are you racing? :D

wera expert class and gst in the moto st, only about 5 events a year now.

do you race or do track days?[/quote:4c2b4]

Ha. I wish I raced. Maybe someday. For now, just the rare track days. It was enough to open my eyes to the fact my suspension needs setup.

What is your wera number?

Hahah :lol: Thats funny. He does ALL bikes. Im not sure the next time he will be back as of now. I talked with him yesterdy to see how things were going with the dealership about to open. Its just really busy right now for him, for obvious reasons. He may not be back for a few weeks. 90% of his time right now is getting everything Perfect for opening day. He will be able to relax after that I hope. I will update this when I figure out when he is coming back.

....I was also thinking about taking a group ride out to Indy to see the Shop once it is open if people are interested. We can take back roads and stay the night down there for one night or something. It would be a good time, and would give everyone a chance to meet Matt.

Hahah :lol: Thats funny. He does ALL bikes. Im not sure the next time he will be back as of now. I talked with him yesterdy to see how things were going with the dealership about to open. Its just really busy right now for him, for obvious reasons. He may not be back for a few weeks. 90% of his time right now is getting everything Perfect for opening day. He will be able to relax after that I hope. I will update this when I figure out when he is coming back.

....I was also thinking about taking a group ride out to Indy to see the Shop once it is open if people are interested. We can take back roads and stay the night down there for one night or something. It would be a good time, and would give everyone a chance to meet Matt.

I'd be down to ride out to Indy. That's where I'm from and I know riders out there too. You guys think QSL is packed? In Indianapolis, there are places packed like that but with ALL sportbikes. I've set at stop lights for 5 minutes on end as a line of sportbikes rolls through the light which has changed from green to red to green to red again.

Keep in mind though that the ride is about 2.5 - 3 hours.

Sounds like a good place.... It takes just under 3 hours in a truck with a bike in the bed. Not too bad. Back roads would take longer but would be more fun, and we wouldnt wear out the center of the tire the whole time

Will the suspension guy be coming back anytime soon?

I missed him & think I should have my stuff checked to make sure it is set right.

As soon as he comes into town again I will let everyone know. If there are say 5-10 people that want to get set-up for sure, I bet I can convince him to get here sooner. I need to know everyone's details before you come over though, just to make sure we can work with the factory suspension... Details as in year,make, and model of bike, your weight, and if you have OEM suspension or if it is upgraded.

As soon as he comes into town again I will let everyone know. If there are say 5-10 people that want to get set-up for sure, I bet I can convince him to get here sooner. I need to know everyone's details before you come over though, just to make sure we can work with the factory suspension... Details as in year,make, and model of bike, your weight, and if you have OEM suspension or if it is upgraded.

Sent you a message with my info.

If anyone is still on the fence as to wether or not have thier suspention done I say do it. He fixed mine about two weeks ago now and my baby is a whole new bike now. I had the front pretty well dialed in but the rear was fubared. Sag was all off and I needed a new spring in the rear cause the stock one is for 160 lbs riders and well lets say I haven't seen 160 in about 15 or 16 years not that I'm a fat ass or anything.