9-5ers' Healthy lunches?

Nate1647545505

My favorites:

-Noodles, ramen style noodles from the Chinese grocery store on bethel. They're 50 cents and worth it, these are actualy GOOD, not like the meijer shit. Bring a pack or two and a bowl, use the hot water spout from the coffee machine. $5 will feed you for the week.

-Sushi. Get a pack from Meijers deli, bout $5 nd you get the quick scan. Way way less time then a drive-thru at noon on a week day. California rolls aint spicey, avoid the green paste. ;)

-Wendies Chicken BLT salad.

My favorites:

-Noodles, ramen style noodles from the Chinese grocery store on bethel. They're 50 cents and worth it, these are actualy GOOD, not like the meijer shit. Bring a pack or two and a bowl, use the hot water spout from the coffee machine. $5 will feed you for the week.

-Sushi. Get a pack from Meijers deli, bout $5 nd you get the quick scan. Way way less time then a drive-thru at noon on a week day. California rolls aint spicey, avoid the green paste. ;)

-Wendies Chicken BLT salad.

Wasabi Hater..

Wasabai > You

lately ive been packing my lunch a lot due to being broke as shit lately, but stuff i have been packing has been things like

progresso soup (i know its got a lot of sodium but its quick and easy)

rice-a-roni...chicken flavor is good on its own, kinda got a ramen taste, but the beef flavor is best w/ some ground beef and onions

ive got this chicken stuff that takes a little bit of time to make, but its awesome

1 whole chicken, pressure cooked (w/ spices of your liking, i usually use salt, pepper, chicken seasoning, emeril's 'bayou blast') then shredded when done

8oz of sour cream

10oz can of cream of chicken

1 sleeve ritz crackers

butter

pressure cook chicken

cook ritz in butter until toasted

once chicken is done, remove from pot, pull meat off, shred in 9x13 pan

mix cream of chicken and sour cream

pour over chicken

top w/ ritz

bake for 30min at 350-375

9x13 pan will last 3-4 days, depending on how hungry i am

As I spend more and more time in the office working with Symantec products I find myself getting tired of PB&J and cheezits. I'm just looking for healthy things that I can throw in the lunch/dinner mix. Thanks. :)

You could try some of your native people's food (hummus and tabbouleh).

:)

chicken breast, fresh fruit, 97% fat free turkey lunch meat, dannon light and fluffy yogurt things, green beans, tuna, salad

thats pretty much what i eat all week

if yo umake it in advance its easy to bring with you.

preparing your meals for the day the night before makes it much easier to bring.

This is a very informative thread. I have lately been trying to do this more often. Working in a dealership it's hard to not eat out everyday, since that's the norm. It helps me loose weight and also helps on the cost since I have a kid on the way.

I bring in my lunch most of the time. I cook a dozen chicken breast on Sunday nights and some rice. That's healthy and easy to pack up. You can eat for the week for about $16.

I agree, I love chicken and I'll try to make 4 or 5 when I do grill out so I have left overs. I'm fortunate enough that I can drive home for lunch and eat what I have at the house.

Diana

subway is also a good idea...if you get one of the good coupons or deals, you can eat cheap all week...they have some deal after 4 pm for 4 6" for 9.99 (i think)

i had a coupon for jersey mikes last week for 2 giant subs (14") for 12$...lasted me 4 days, bread, meat, veggies, bottle of water i was set for the week

here at watterson i usually get an small italian sub and a diet dr pepper for lunch. sometimes I get the "Meal of the day", depending on what it is. Currently though, I am on this diet plan where I cut 500 calories or more out of my diet and burn at least 1000 working out everyday. Its nice, and I am slowly noticing the results from that. I have a Pro-Form Crosstrainer machine at home that I do a mile on every night, and that burns over 1200 calories everytime I get on. I just started this last week, and since then I have already lost 8 lbs.

I have a Pro-Form Crosstrainer machine at home that I do a mile on every night, and that burns over 1200 calories everytime I get on. I just started this last week, and since then I have already lost 8 lbs.

If your burning 1200 calories in 1 mile, you must be sprinting the whole mile, when i ran the miles around a 9 min mark i was burning a hell of alot less than that on the gym treadmill, then again im slow too :( Either way if your seeing results good for you.

If your burning 1200 calories in 1 mile' date=' you must be sprinting the whole mile, when i ran the miles around a 9 min mark i was burning a hell of alot less than that on the gym treadmill, then again im slow too :( Either way if your seeing results good for you.[/quote']

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Maybe you mean 120 calories. I burn around 360 calories a day running 1.8-2 miles. You'd have to be running for about an hour at 7MPH constant to burn 1200 calories if you're around 220lbs.

I am just following the machine's math, which is probobly wrong anyway. It splits the energy used into Calories and Fat Calories. Not sure what the difference is, but Fat Calories gets counted slower. So by the time I am done, I have burnt about 270 of those.

And I meant 1200 a week, I think..... Hell I cant even remember what I write on the interweb half the time. I am also not small by any means, I weighed 280 last week, although since then I have dropped 8lbs. That means I burn calories faster than someone who weighs average weight.

on average you will burn 100 calories per mile.

I am not running, I am on a resistance machine with the resistance at it's highest setting.

I am not saying I am right, I am still new to this whole "Diet and Excerise" thing. I havent been average weight since like 4th grade.