best place to buy turbo?

RUTAN TA1647545492

thanks

btw- I have left a few messages with you and havent heard back yet. I need a walbro pump for a 98-02 f boby and a 00 GTP.

A word of caution on the GTP fuel pump: The car uses a venturi scavenging system. Racetronix has custom pumps that retain this, as the regualr Walbro's don't. You'll have to keep 1/4 tank at minimum in the car without the venturi system.

You'll have to keep 1/4 tank at minimum in the car without the venturi system.

Negative Ghostrider.

I've run my Walbro down to filling it up with 16 gallons (way past the red). Never had an issue. The ONLY issue I do have is I have to let the car sit 2-3 seconds before starting it in the morning for it to prime. That I believe is because the venturi system isn't there with the Walbro.

Go back to making bombs or something :).

Negative Ghostrider.

I've run my Walbro down to filling it up with 16 gallons (way past the red). Never had an issue. The ONLY issue I do have is I have to let the car sit 2-3 seconds before starting it in the morning for it to prime. That I believe is because the venturi system isn't there with the Walbro.

Go back to making bombs or something :).

I've had issues, and I'll take DK's word for it. I've pumped the tank completely dry to add race fuel, and tried running it dry on a dyno. I lost two walbro intakes (the 340s that ZZP sells) along with a single intank (letting the car chime empty). Don't forget, fuel is lubrication for the pump.

You need to "prime" the car because the T adapter ZZP sells does not have a check valve. On IGN the pcm runs the fuel pump for N seconds, on a normal car pressure is built in the lines. With the 3800 Specific kit, it bleeds off through the venturi line.

EFI hose will not last when it's submerged in gasoline. There is a reason why GM uses a special hose.

EFI hose will not last when it's submerged in gasoline. There is a reason why GM uses a special hose.

This is correct; SAE 30R10 hoses are required for in-tank applications. The exterior of standard fuel hose does not resist gasoline permeation.

/dorkypartsstoreguyknowledge

This is correct; SAE 30R10 hoses are required for in-tank applications. The exterior of standard fuel hose does not resist gasoline permeation.

/dorkypartsstoreguyknowledge

Is that type of hose usually clear and sorta like a flexable straw? Is that something you can get from a parts store?

Thanks for sharing :)

I know I'll need to drop my tank this winter to fix it (god damnit). :(

I was just pointed out Nate that I can drain my tank dry with the setup that ZZP sells. I'm sure the hose that they supplied is going/gone to shit.

Do you know of a way I can use the pump I have now to get the venturi to work (without buying the racetronix kit?).