Hail roll call

snredrum

Guest Whinin
im in reynoldsburg just south of 70 and got a very tiny bit of hail, probably nothing larger than dime sized....and only lasted about a minute. i was actually outside watching everything roll on by.....

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got hit bad, East Broad and Waggoner area. We got 1/2" to 3/4" hail. I still have some of it in my freezer.

It damaged the roof some, siding has holes and cracks in it, screens got damaged, wifes car has some nice dimples now.

Already called the insurance company to make my claims, they will be out either today or tomorrow. I also called 3 contractors to check out my house.

Not too happy about the $500 deductable I have to pay though.

I got hit bad, East Broad and Waggoner area. We got 1/2" to 3/4" hail. I still have some of it in my freezer.

It damaged the roof some, siding has holes and cracks in it, screens got damaged, wifes car has some nice dimples now.

Already called the insurance company to make my claims, they will be out either today or tomorrow. I also called 3 contractors to check out my house.

Not too happy about the $500 deductable I have to pay though.

you're out here by me and josh (smokin5s). it was bad. i havent looked at the appt complex im in, but i saw those new houses just north of kennedy on waggoner had some siding blown off and shingles missing

Trailblazer - 1

Hail - 0

I've found, at most, 5 dings. All of then are very, very small. Two or three on the hood and two on the roof.

No other damage.

Not bad for raquet-ball sized hail. :)

my dad took his SUV in, they estimated 4900, he took it to a shop, they said theres no way in hell they could fix all the shit for that. they said they will have 80-85 hours into his, and something about nationwide only allows 22hours...wasnt payin much attention to that part.

hes fighting with them now

and the shop he went to is one that nationwide is teamed up with and garuntees their work

Well since the storm there has been close to 600 claims at Allstate alone. There is a Dent team coming to my work for 3 months to work all the dents in. I called all my parts people and told them to start stocking deck lids, hoods, roof moldings.

So far the best car we recieved is a modified RS4 wagon that needs a roof.

my dad went to rifes w/ his 4900$ check and they laughed and said nationwide lowballed him bad.

my hyundai - they think its going to have to be totalled out. over 6,000 in damage, owe 7900 (thank you gap insurance) and its worth about 5500-7k MAX

Well, the way my insurance is working is that I'll take it to Rife's. Get the estimate, and then I guess Safeco will cut me a check :).

Now, on the other hand.. same company with my home owners (spoke with an adjuster today). A dude's going to come out and check the house out. He'll then do up a quote. THEN, I get to go to as many as 3 contactors/companies to come out and look at the damage and give me their quote. Then I guess it's up to me to figure out who I want to fix the house, then Safeco will cut me a check (minus the $500 deductable) and that's it.

Same thing with the car on the deductable.. they'll take it out of the check they write me.

FTW :).

If anyone wants the above insurance, I can give you the number to my agent.

• 3 weeks later...