osu ticket upgrade question

Big A

Just use his ID. At this weekend's game, my daughter and her boyfriend got in with ID's that clearly weren't theirs and they didn't even check. They just make sure you have one. You pull it out of your wallet, cover the face with your thumb and you're good to go. Honestly, they don't even care... :)

As a student you can give your tickets to "family" and you just give them your ID. So, get your friend to hand you his ID for the game. Really they don't care about it because this loophole makes the whole thing too hard to track.

He can upgrade the tickets to normal price but why bother?

FROM: http://athletics.osu.edu/answers/football/2005JuneFAQ.html#11

11. Can I give my student season ticket to someone else to use during the season?

Yes you can give it to another Ohio State University student who is enrolled for the autumn quarter and has a valid Buck ID or you may give it to a parent or sibling – no upgrade necessary. If you give your ticket to a parent or sibling you will also have to give them your student ID for admittance at the gate.

Back to Questions

12. How do I upgrade my ticket if I cannot make a game and will not be allowing an immediate family member to use my season ticket?

The Ohio State University Football student season ticket is sold at a discounted rate and its use is intended for those who are current autumn quarter students.

If a student elects to allow a member of the general public to use their student ticket and does not want to give them their ID to show at the gate the student may upgrade their ticket to the public rate. Upgrading is available on a game-by-game basis the week prior to the game the student wishes to upgrade.

Upgrades will not be done the day of any game.

The student whose name appears on the ticket must bring their season ticket and valid student ID to the ticket office to facilitate the upgrade. The cost to upgrade will be based on the difference between the student discounted individual game rate and the public individual game rate as well as a service fee that will increase with each subsequent upgrade during that season.