My insurance company rocks!

Buck531

So I take the hail beaten Buick into Rife's where my insurance adjuster guy was there. He looks it over pretty good. Writes down a lot of stuff, then goes back in.

He comes back out of his office 15 minutes later and asks me to come outside. We talk a little. He gives me two options. 1. Total out the car, do the salvage deal and possibly get a little more money. 2. He lowers the estimate a little to the point where he doesn't have to total the car and sends me a check and I'm on my way. I opted for option 2. Didn't have to deal with a salvage title, and I keep the car.

I walked away today with a $2350 check from them. I won't be getting it fixed. The guy said IF I wanted to have it fixed, then it would be totaled since it would be a little over 3K to fix.

Not bad considering I paid $1500 for the car back in 03 with 138k on it and now it's at 187k. :).

I don't think so.

Two years ago when that ice storm hit a big brand fell down on the rear window of the buick. Denting a few things and breaking the window.

They came out and cut me a check for $1500 for that.

My insurance has only gone down. It has never gone up. ($92 a month right now).

No mods. I'm just going to throw the money in the bank for now and look for a deal somewhere on a car for her. Something cheap yet reliable. I can't afford a payment until I get done paying my sons tuition which ends like in March or what not.

sounds like you got lucky. ins totalled out my car, but i cant buy it back because they will only sell it to a licensed salvage yard. they said they will give me like 480$ refund for sales tax that i can use towards sales tax on a new car. in the end, i can either a) drive beat up car, continue paying on it or b) give up car, get 480$ towards sales tax on a new car. fucking blows. im pissed they wont let me buy it back, even if they do want 1,300 for it, which is what theyre claiming the junkyard will pay for it...i know this is BS because i called 2 junkyards and they both said 250-300$