Kerry makes veiled threat to President Bush

desperado

http://www.americanthinker.com/comments.php?comments_id=6308

Here is a little tidbit worth reading. I heard the audio on this last night on the Shawn Hannety show on 610 AM radio.

As funny as Kerry thought this might be, it's also a federal crime to threaten the president of the United States in any way.

According to this law -- 18 USC Sec. 871-- which reads, in part:

"...Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States, the President-elect, the Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President of the United States, or the Vice President-elect, or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the President, President-elect, Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President, or Vice President-elect, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both."

I wonder if the secret service has been to visit with Mr Kerry yet?

The concept of an idiom is lost on you and others? This is news? You could have at least opened with something witty like "When Kerry is ever a threat greater than 'death by boredom', the President can start to worry...". See? That was fun!

I saw that show, if im not mistaken its still on HBO On Demand right now, and Im almost POSITIVE he didn't say "killed the real bird with one stone", but rather "kill THREE birds with one stone..." I could be wrong, I'll watch it tonight.

Either way, nothing will happen to him.

Rather ironically, this is EXACTLY what we were just talking about in American Government class. How the first amendment protects everything but threats against the government/president.

not in full... if i say "im going to kill you" to your face and in a heated argument or something of that opinion its a terroristic threat and is in deed a crime. the punishment is not as sever as if you said you were going to kill the president but it is a crime to tell anyone that you are going to kill then to incite fear and panic in that person you have said this statement to... its a great way to get parole's off the street.

wow, people sure can dig up some mean dirt on those Dems, wow.

This is almost as damning as the accusation that Murtha was corrupts because a federal agent in the 70s approached him with a propsed bribe (sting) that Murtha turned down.

He said that Murtha seemed like he might have wanted to take it.....OMG TEH CORRUPTION RUNZ D33P!