Head bolts

90_EAGLE_TALON

I would probably go with a full insert and not a helicoil. It's the same idea, but it's a tube threaded inside and out. The stripped hole is drilled and tapped and then the insert is screwed in and locked in place by a set of pins in the outside of the insert with a special tool. The main difference is that these will take more of a load than a helicoil and they will stay in place better as well.

I want to say that the A1 head studs require you to retap the threads larger to use their product a 4g63. You may want to look into what size the threads would need to be in order to correct your block back to a usable condition, as well as the required bolt size and thread pitch for the A1's.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 1sweet3.4
here's the problem with new block evo dreams. I built the bottom end that's in his car now, it's a non boosted daily driver. the bottom end is good. All he's looking for is a way to make it run. all that is needed is a serviceable solution. the head is obviously off, so studding the block or doing a fulll insert was what i was thinking derek.

Let me know how that turbo helps man!! Cant wait to see how your car will improve. lol P.S. I am getting full key inserts or the studs because they will hold up a lot better i think. I can get the key inserts for $100 for 6 or if I remember right the A1 studs were around $300 for the whole set. Either way this car is getting finished so i can drive the damn thing instead of it sitting around. lol

If it were my car, I'd get a new block especially since it's your head stud threads that are stripped out. Even if you fix it, there's always a chance it can be weak and fail on you once more just causing problems in the future.