Who Makes the best tig for the money?

Mattsv8

rob if i dont get one buy then it may come to that. i have to get the chassis to certify at least 9.99. but i really want to weld in a complete new cage all chrome molly and 25.2 which is 7.50s and slower. im only plannin on mid 8s. if it goes faster with the turbo than thats cool. i really wouldent care if it ran low 9s. thats prety fast for a street truck. ill have a lot to weld for the turbo headders and and crossover pipe, and downpipe.

Guest Removed

my 10 point is going too be good for 8.50....why wont yours cert?

there are a lot of extra bars that go into a 7.50 car and everthing must be moly!

I picked my welder up used , and from what my snap-on guy says, i stole it.lol...

just let me know what you need. your more then welcome too use it!

yea. with the motor im building now to have it going next season a 8.50s and slower would be ok. but with the 406 or 421" motor, i might as well do it right the first time and go for the 7.50s and slower. plus the chrome molly is lighter so more tubes wont mean much more weight. and i want to change stuff arround so i can use some weight in the rear to help with traction. im just trying now to see if the main hoop can be mounted just outside the cockpit in the s10 which would give me about 4 more inches to get in the truck when the funnycar cage is in. the nhra saftey dude is supposed to get back to me on that. all the rule said is within 6" from driver.

so what welder should i get? A LINCON, MILLER, i would like one that can tig and also do some mig. but mostly a tig. ive got a lot of stainless steel to weld, and the cage. Any ideas. i dont really want to spend a lot more than 2000.

I was impressed by the econotig, till i saw the 20% duty cycle,... though i understand with welders you definatley get what you pay for and a good welder is not cheap

Plus most tig welding is not a continuous thing. For the home ac/dc tig welder it is a very nice combo for the price.