Ninja 250R anyone?

Bam

I want a bike, but only have around $2500 to spend. I saw the Ninja 250R online and people said it was a good starters bike, is it? If not, what should I look towards? I liked the idea of it being within my price range new, but it doesn't sound like a fast bike, how fast is it?

Where/what are some local dealers in columbus that I can go check them out? I'm taking classes/getting my license this winter and want to start riding in the spring.

thanks

I had a 250R as my first bike but I was also only 16 at the time. Very nice bike but small. I put a full exhaust and a jet kit on the bike to give it more pep but it didnt really help. I dont think I kept it a year before trading it on a new ZX6. I would say yes it is an excellent starter bike but you will outgrow it very quickly!

It is a good starter bike, but your going to get bored of it real fast. If i were you i would look into getting a used Ninja 500R/EX500. You should beable to pick up a lightly used one for around that price. As for how fast it is, the 250 is good for a top speed around a 105, and running a quarter somewhere in the 14's. The 500 is good for around 130, and a high 12. SV650 is a better choice, but pricier. Hop that helps.

My first bike was an 05 CBR600RR :nod:. I got it new in March of 05. I would get a used bike to start with but NOT a 250 or 500. NO POWER or Speed, unless you want a motorized scooter!! My two cents. But Ben's bike would be a good starter bike!

get a used bike as your first. if you lay down a new bike youll be pissed.

id look on craigslist for a honda CBR f2, f3 (which is a 600cc inline) pretty quick, so you wont grow out of it super fast) and decent styling. an older inline 600 is the way to go. just respect the bike and youll do just fine on about anything.

People will argue me, but i think a eirly 2000's 600 is great for starting on, you will outgrow a 250 fast, esspecially when civics start getting bus lengths on you :-P 500's you will still outgrown fast, just not as fast. id say keep saving, get a used 600, you will deffinatly hold onto it longer. I have had mine going on 2 years and still am not sick of it. I will probobly trade in next summer for another newer 6r