Dr.z06 ISSUE 2 !!!!!!!!!

thorne

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because large corps own certain govrnment leaders.........billions in tax cuts and they still fuck us over! the rich get richer and the poor get poorer and the middle class gets fucked even more!!!!

for 33 I thought you would be smarter than that

I don't know what will happen, but I do know that I grew up in a part of the state where all you can make is minimum wage and the only time you get pay increases is if your lucky enough to find a better job or if the law forces a pay increase like the one we will now have. That sucks too because I can tell you that in columbus a Walmart worker will make much more even twice the minimum wage, but in that town I grew up in they make the minimum wage or maybe slightly more. Funny though really since that walmarts goods cost the same and the big city ones. Taxes are the same cost of shipping and any other cost you could possibly think up is exactly the same. The only difference is that they are allowed to hurt that employee simply because they live were they live. Normally I'm very conservative, but in cases where I see wrong doing on the part of companies and even governments I gotta do something.

Evan

Damn folks. It has to go up sometime. Those of you near my age had a father making less than a dollar an hour as min. wage in the late 50's. As the cost of EVERYTHING has been going up, min wage has not. It had to balance out sooner or later. We are now at LATER.

It fucked some people. It helped others.

NOTHING will ever satisfy every class of voters EVERY election.

You guys are talking about hard work etc. Im salary I got a 15% raise last year at a fast food place. I still don't see the problem. *Most* "Big Companies" already have raised their prices in accordance with this bill passing. Arby's already made a .10 cent price increase almost across the board. I mean Arby's is expensive, dont get me wrong, but 10 cents more for chicken? 10 cents more for gas? OOOHHH NNOOOEESSS!>!112=

Thats because you workin fast food, a volume based business. You have more than 1000 guest checks a day... to a restaurant that is driven on guest check average such as my own, the increse will be more than double that. We will probably go up .35-.70 on everything, not to mention the delivery charge.

I too am salary, and its not my paycheck it effects, its my ability to run my allowed labor percentage based on my forcasted sales vs plan and flow-thru.

My average crew tenure is almost 3yrs

My average crew wage is $6.38

Im allowed to scedule 22.4% labor (roughly $4928)

divide that by $6.38 = 772hrs 25min or labor per week

divide that by the number of crew i carry and thats a hair over 25.7hrs/wk

take that same 4928 and divide it by the new average of $6.94/hr

is 710hrs... only 23.6hrs

so in that 62hrs that ive lost, i could deliver to 217more people, make 813 more large specialty pizzas, or distribute 12,400 more coupons and doorhangers...

Given that my bonuses are based on the performance of the restaurant, can you see why id be pissed? :rolleyes:

Why do you think we have inflation? One of the reasons we have inflation is people make make money therefore cost of goods rise. Labor cost in most industries are the number one cost to the employer. Pay more to the labor... your price of the hamburger goes up.

Covered in Economics 101

Labor wages increase at a slower rate then inflation.

Lets say you make 6$ an hour at a .30 cent raise a year.

While inflation raises .50 cents a year.

You will lose money for every year you work. Thus we have to increase minimum raise.

Also covered in Economics 101.

You will lose money for every year you work. Thus we have to increase minimum raise.

Does Economics 101 say to increase minimum wage 33%? A more appropriate increase would have been to 5.75 or 6.00 AT THE MOST.

#1- Inflation doesn't "raise $.50 per year" it is a percentage and has averaged around 3% a year for the past 10 years or so, on the dollar that is 3 cents per year, making the needed minimum wage now $6.92...

#2- the problem with that is the minimum wage is jumping by 33%, meaning that other wages may jump by$ 33% and costs of some companies may rise by 33%, those companies may supply to other companies raising their costs by 33% and so on and so on....

#3- with prices jumping up so high, this may increase inflation by an extra few points, possibly making inflation around 5% this year, meaning that minimum wage would need to go up to $7.26 the next year, and if you keep increasing the minimum wage, before you know it, 10 years from now, minimum wage will be $11.26/ per hour!!! 118%increase, not only does the inflation push the costs up, but now the rising wages will possibly increase prices by up to 118%...

In other words, no, having a minimum wage increase yearly is NOT a good thing

The 2 biggest problems I see with this whole thing is this

Workers now earning minimum wage or just above it are young, not their family's primary wage-earner, and the majority of them live in households earning more than $52,000 a year. In addition, 40 percent are teens; nearly half live with their parents; and almost two-thirds are under the age of 24.

so why?

and

Raise the minimum for tipped employees to half of that from $2.13 to $3.43 an hour in January and adjust that automatically for inflation every year afterward. Employers must demonstrate that workers are earning the full minimum wage when tips are figured in.

You will notice the first thing that goes up is the cost of food...

If they wanted to do it where it is going to follow inflation, they needed to start it out BY FOLLOWING INFLATION

I think you all need to go back and read the bill again. Yes, it raises the minimum wage. But it also requires an increase of the minimum wage every year figuring in a cost of living increase every September as well...

Except as provided in this section, every employer shall pay their employees a wage rate of not less than six dollars and eighty-five cents per hour beginning January 1, 2007. On the thirtieth day of each September, beginning in 2007, this state minimum wage rate shall be increased effective the first day of the following January by the rate of inflation for the twelve month period prior to that September according to the consumer price index or its successor index for all urban wage earners and clerical workers for all items as calculated by the federal government rounded to the nearest five cents.

It's not the minimum wage increase that really hurts business either, it's the fact that everyone else is going to demand a $1.70 raise now as well. Look at a small company with 50 Employees. 1.7 X 40 X 52 = $3536 per employee. Now $3536 X 50 people = $176800 in payroll increases. Now if you look at it, figure that a company can only budget so many dollars for payroll and their patrol increased $175000. If all those employee's are making $10 an hour you are looking at 10 X 40 X 52 = $20800 so you take 176800 and divide by 20800 you get 8.5 more people in the unemployment line from that company. So they have a choice, lay off 9 people, which they can't because they need that many people to operate, so it's either raise prices to remain in business, which may not be possible so you have 50 people unemployed, or they move their business to another state that they can pay the people less to do the work, so you still get 50 people locally unemployed. I am not saying that every business will fold, but what I am getting at is think are going to be more expensive to manufacture, Unemployment will rise to some degree, and with the mandated raise coupled to the minimum wage, it will only continue to get worse. Granted, it will take a while, but what is going to happen in the future when fast food burger flippers are making $40000 a year to start because of the increases in the minimum wage that are now legally mandated? No one read this fucking law before they voted for it, or they did and thought they were voting a union mandated pay raise for themselves. Problem is that if the business you work for can't afford it, they voted themselves a 40% pay decrease because unemployment only pays 60% of your salary.

Couple this to Strickland saying that he's gonna stop companies from outsourcing jobs, and there ain't but two ways of doing that, one is require the companies to pay payroll taxes for all employees even the one's not in the state, or create some screwly law requiring a percentage of your employees to be residents of the state of Ohio. Either way, the mandates will force some businesses to either relocate or close. Coupled with democrats running the show now at the federal level, the Bush tax breaks are going away, this includes the child tax credit, the repealing of the marriage penalty, the child care credit and all the rest. I personally am looking at some $5000 in additional taxes if this happens, and the democrats have said time and time again that they would not make the tax credits permanente. So what am I gonna think?

I just made $1000 reading this thread.

Lies we both know even with your new raise you could not have worked that long in the time that this tread was posted ;) 6.85 don't go that far.

That sad part is the good doc might not be joking :)

Thats because you workin fast food, a volume based business. You have more than 1000 guest checks a day... to a restaurant that is driven on guest check average such as my own, the increse will be more than double that. We will probably go up .35-.70 on everything, not to mention the delivery charge.

I too am salary, and its not my paycheck it effects, its my ability to run my allowed labor percentage based on my forcasted sales vs plan and flow-thru.

My average crew tenure is almost 3yrs

My average crew wage is $6.38

Im allowed to scedule 22.4% labor (roughly $4928)

divide that by $6.38 = 772hrs 25min or labor per week

divide that by the number of crew i carry and thats a hair over 25.7hrs/wk

take that same 4928 and divide it by the new average of $6.94/hr

is 710hrs... only 23.6hrs

so in that 62hrs that ive lost, i could deliver to 217more people, make 813 more large specialty pizzas, or distribute 12,400 more coupons and doorhangers...

Given that my bonuses are based on the performance of the restaurant, can you see why id be pissed? :rolleyes:

The best part!

You loose money because people get pissed because it takes to long to get pizza there and since they bitch you have to give them a coupon or some shit to get them to come back . At which point someone will have to raise the prices to higher another 2 playeys and start all over when the CMI goes up again...

odd how that works....

This is the most retarded and uneducated post I have read today on CR.

Also, like said, this bill is only in the state of Ohio. What Ohio does is not going to cause inflation and change the value of money.

This is the most retarded and uneducated post I have read today on CR.

Also, like said, this bill is only in the state of Ohio. What Ohio does is not going to cause inflation and change the value of money.

Yes it will....it goes off of Ohio's CPI I believe, causing everything to be localized and local goods will increase in price

Majoring in Economics ...

only 2% of the population earns minimum wage ...

the problem with raising the minimum wage is the government is changing the equilibruim of wage/employment ... this will not only drive up prices but also it CAN cause MORE unemployment and ALSO increase the amount of time a person is UNEMPLOYED!!

its better to let the markets dictate rather than to MAKE the markets ... kinda let nature take its course!