What is your favorite Restaurant...

Devils Advocate

smokey bones. i love ribs. and their onion rings are the shit.and make you shit.

wholley joes hot dogs. up on polaris. everything is good.

masseys pizza.

rubinos pizza in bexley is best pizza ever.

genji is good but anymore it makes me sick.

el acopolco(sp?). mexicans make some good food.

baja fresh. i love their salsa.

and nothing says "i love you" like white castle.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chinese - little place in german village has the best pad thai(sp?), long time family spot though is Ding Ho

italian - 3-way tie between Buca di Beppo The Spaghetti Warehouse and The Florentine

mexican - err......oh....i dunno........Chipotle, does that count?

steak - i dunno honestly, there are LOTS of good steaks!

japanese - Genji..........single yum yum or double yum yum?

pizza - toss up between Massey's and Kanapolis here in galloway

chicken wings - NOBODY beats size/flavor of Roosters

but.......my all around favorite place to eat is B.D. Mongolian.....you can make whatever you want!

Cameron Mitchell's Steakhouse - in the Crosswoods (i.e., Worthington) for the food. Just the best all-around steak (+ dinner) I've ever had, and the atmosphere is sophisticated enough to make you feel important, but not so uppity as to make you feel uncomfortable.

Hyde Park is a very close second. The lobster bisque there is the shizzie. And, I like the overall atmosphere there a bit more than I do at Cameron's. Hyde Park is a bit more stylish.

Columbus Restaurants:

He meant what he typed: J.Alexanders, it is in the crosswoods plaza as well. I do lunch there fairly often, it is better than average.

You kids love you some chain restaurants.

Z.Cucina: The GM there goes out of his way to make sure everyone is not only happy, but will tell their friends.

Trattoria Roma: Aside from the cheesy website the food is excellent. I was a cook at a 4 star itallian restaurant in Cleveland so I am a bit of an Itallian food snob. It is good.

Blue Nile near campus for something different.

Thurman Cafe is by far the best burger place in Columbus. If you disagree you are a fucking idiot and I hate you.

Guest [ i v i ]
Craftsteak (MGM Vegas), excellent wine selection, aged kobe beef, excellent sides, HUGE Martinis.

Had Craftsteak last year when my wife and I went to Vegas. Excellent steak. One of the best I've had, even in Vegas (I've had Charlie Palmer's and 3950 at Mandalay). Plus the best sweet corn west of Ohio. MGM messed up on our room 4 times and kept giving us dining discounts. By the time we went on Friday night, we $135 in dining credit!

Guest fixerupper

Thurman Cafe (German Village) - for the burgers and subs.

BD's Mongolian BBQ (Arena District, Easton) - best stir-fry ever.

Hound Dogs (high st.) - Best sit down pizza ever. It just has so much flavor.

Miller's (Newark) - Best Amish food. For when I just want a home cooked meal.

But no one can beat the food out west, I mean Vegas has some good stuff, but you really need to go driving to find the good stuff out there.

Guest MX3Chick
Do you mean the one with Butterburgers? There is one here in town near Hilliard Rome Road and Renner, across from the Thuper Wal Mart.

Thats the one! That's awesome to know you have those in Ohio now. I love the cheese curds. Good stuff! :thup:

Has anyone been to In A Tub in Kansas City, MO?

Oh and +1 on the Hound Dogs pizza, I wish we had those here. We are stuck with Domino's, Donotos, Pizza Hut & Papa Johns. All the "local" places dont deliver. I miss Catfish Charley's @ Buckeye Lake & Kingy's in Canal.

theres a little diner called Clark's on the corner of 13 and 40 out past kirkersville

Vick's Pizza in Reynoldsburg is the best pizza I have ever had and I eat alot of fucking pizza

bennett's in gatlinburg wins my vote for best bar-b-q ever

chineese food kinda all tastes the same to me theres a little place by my house called happy dragon thats decent and the service is good

spaghetti warehouse is always good for a night out and the foods not bad

max and erma's is good but you have to go to the one in german village the rest of them just aren't the same....

grinder's for subs

and last but not least theres a small chain of restraunts in washington d.c. called new york deli I had the biggest most delicous club sandwich I've ever had ( I eat a shit load of those too) it took two meals to kill it :)

and last but not least theres a small chain of restraunts in washington d.c. called new york deli I had the biggest most delicous club sandwich I've ever had ( I eat a shit load of those too) it took two meals to kill it :)

Speaking of deli's.. There is one in the Mirage in Las Vegas called Carnegie deli.. Biggest god damn sandwiches I have ever seen. Should be though since a rebuen will cost you about 22 bucks but any normal person can NOT eat one of their sandwiches in 1 sitting.

Columbus Restaurants:

Trattoria Roma: Aside from the cheesy website the food is excellent. I was a cook at a 4 star itallian restaurant in Cleveland so I am a bit of an Itallian food snob. It is good.

Blue Nile near campus for something different.

Thurman Cafe is by far the best burger place in Columbus. If you disagree you are a fucking idiot and I hate you.

I'll agree the Trattoria is great and I get half off there, same as Melting Pot. The Thurman burger is quite possibly the best thing to ever be put between 2 pieces of bread.

Bellacinos subs are freaking ridiculously good, Jersey Mikes for a distant second.

Guest 78novaman

Gatsby's in Gahanna has very good burgers & excellent onion rings. It's a bar that I go out with some friends every week. They have 2 full bars, a big screen & TV's all over for sports, plus live bands/singers on Fri/Sat. -Over 21 only

For casual can't beat Red Robin. Unlimited fries baby!

Schmitts (I love the buffet!)& Buca de Beppo are great too!

I'll second the Bellacinos for a hot grinder, Jersey Mikes for cold subs.

in no particular order...

PF Chang's - Changs addiction chicken anyone?

Sushiko/Sushi En - presentation and good sashimi ... Sapporo - Price

QS&L - friend bartends there and the wing flavors are yum yum

Chipotle - i hate Mexican but this is tasty

Fish Market - best seafood in town