What is your favorite Restaurant...

Devils Advocate

Speaking of deli's.. There is one in the Mirage in Las Vegas called Carnegie deli.. Biggest god damn sandwiches I have ever seen. Should be though since a rebuen will cost you about 22 bucks but any normal person can NOT eat one of their sandwiches in 1 sitting.

I took David's mom and sister to the Real Carnegie Deli in New York this summer. It is right across the street from Carnegie Hall about a block down from Central Park. We had to wait a little while to get a table but it was soooo worth it. We flew in for the day just to go shopping and we were starving. Go hungry because they give you a huge amount of food.

Meagan Posting ...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Mitchell's is over played and everyone says it's nice. I still love it though. They have $6 mashed potato's that have more flavor than I thought ever possible out of a potato. I always get the Kansas city strip. It's just gooooood. And dessert; Sorbet and berries. It's like a circus in your mouth; taste bud overload. As for atmosphere; I prefer the downtown location and if you can, try to eat in the vault in the back room. Thanks Mike

agree with all of the above.

Guest 614Streets

Schmitts cornedbeef sandwhich on pumpkernickle bread with sourkraut and a ice cold bud or 4 to wash it down mmmm

Recently went to spegetti warehouse had ravoli wasnt impressed , olive garden is better.

Johnny bucellis is good too.

Mings - Just this little chinesse spot in the ghetto thats damn good.

Hyde park - Only been there a few times but its damn good.

Melting pot - Its just fun to cook your own food

Cap City - man those cheese chips are just so good.

The taco truck behind my work - I think its called diamond in the ruff or some shit.

Slices on campus - Damn good pizza for the price I love the shit.

--- After writing all this i relized i had not been to any of these in a while, And I'm losing weight I think i look food to much.,

Columbus has good restaurants everywhere! I'm bummed as one of my favorites the "original" Hoggy's on rt 161 across from Segna Volvo is closed!!!! Also took my son for his birthday to Abracci's on the short north couple days ago, outstanding food, little pricey but similar to Mitchells @ Crosswoods (as the good Dr posted earlier), treated us well - I'd go back for sure

Steak:

*****Hyde Park, *****Ruth's Chris

Italian:

**** Trattoria Roma, ****Due Amici

Chinese:

*Joy's Village, **Sunflower, **Panda Inn, *Shangrila, ****Hunan House, **Little Dragon

Indian:

***Maharaja's,**** Indian Oven

Japanese Steak/Sushi:

***Fujiyama/*-*** depending on when Tyfoon and Shoku has great specials!

Korean:

**Korean Japanese Restaurant on High

Thai:

*** Thai Lagoon, ** Thai Orchid

Fusion:

***Lemongrass

Greasiest:

* PJ's (Fat Sandwiches FTCholesterol problems)

New Restaurant/Bar:

**8 , but there could be some bias there... Try the Mac and Cheese and tell me there is a better one in Columbus!

Pizza:

*Papa Murphy's Take N' Bake if you don't mind doing it at home, otherwise **Hound Dogs

*=cheap

**= affordable

***= average priced

****= Upscale

*****= Break the Bank

The Capital Club has hands down the best food I've ever had. It's a private club but if you know a member it's worth the price to go.

Apart from that in no particular order:

Max & Erma's

New China Express

On the Border

Carabba's

Jersey Mike's