What is your favorite Restaurant...

Devils Advocate

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mushijobah

Have a few...

I am a fan of The Melting Pot...Very rich food, very rich prices though. Good place to take a lady.

Big fan of sushi too, Okano(sp.?) at easton is good and fairly priced. There is a resturaunt near the anhauser-busch plant too that has good sushi. It is in one of those office buildings.

Chinese, PF Changs for taste. Peking Dynasty for taste and price.

All around/American food.....Cheesecake Factory.

Gotta be either Schmidt's Sausage House (if you like German food) best Bratwurst, authentic german potato salad and killer deserts OR Old Bag of Nails/Pig Iron - owned by the same folks. Pig Iron has great pulled pork and the great fish & chips, the original pub in old Worthington is a little better atmosphere - but no BBQ!

+1 for Gulladogs, I have 2 tshirts and they opened on my birthday tee hee. It's really good if you like hot dogs. They have every topping evar. I mean everything. They also have meatball subs, tuna salad subs, pie, side dishes and they're CHEAP. Very good food for the money. I suggest if you're in the Grandview/UA Area, try them out, 1717 Northwest BLVD, that goofy intersection. Tell em Pat sent you (there's two of them, both loyal customers, so they'll assume one of us did. Megaman and I are both loyal customers and our names are both Pat.)

I know Mitchell's is over played and everyone says it's nice. I still love it though. They have $6 mashed potato's that have more flavor than I thought ever possible out of a potato. I always get the Kansas city strip. It's just gooooood. And dessert; Sorbet and berries. It's like a circus in your mouth; taste bud overload. As for atmosphere; I prefer the downtown location and if you can, try to eat in the vault in the back room. Thanks Mike

Chinese: Joy Food One, New Albany (or Gahanna, I cant remember where they're technically located) near Stoneridge.

Sushi: Asian Gourmet, stoneridge...I know their sushi chef, he's a good guy and despite being a little pricey, their sushi is always good. The only place I like more is that little sushi joint in the North Market, but thats not excactly a "restaurant"

Italian: Buca di Beppo.

Steak: Smith and Wollensky...call me crazy but I kinda like the atmosphere.

Other: Barcelona, German Village. Go for the entrees, stay for the desserts...sooooo good, but easy to drop $100 for you and your lady.

Honorable Mention: M (Miranova). Way expensive, but if you have the opportunity to have their Steak-in-a-Bowl, don't pass it up.

Guest MX3Chick
CLUCK U CHICKEN ..........:grin2:

+1 (I was on the wall of fame or whatever it was, lol)

I love Sushiko (off of 33 on the nw side in the same shopping center as the BDubs) for sushi.

El Vaquero & Matzalan for Mexican.

Schmidts for German

Mitchell's

Rooster's

And Gengi's

In Indy, I like Culvers. Other than that, its all the same here.

I know Mitchell's is over played and everyone says it's nice. I still love it though. They have $6 mashed potato's that have more flavor than I thought ever possible out of a potato. I always get the Kansas city strip. It's just gooooood. And dessert; Sorbet and berries. It's like a circus in your mouth; taste bud overload. As for atmosphere; I prefer the downtown location and if you can, try to eat in the vault in the back room.

FIXED!

Sorry Joe, I know you admit to a spelling problem but I had to fix that. It just bugged the fuck out of me.

Anyhow, I like certain places for specific dishes.

Very few places have the combination of menu, consistancy, percieved value, and atmosphere that draw me there.

These are in no particular order:

Columbus Fish Market

Salvis Bistro

The Refectory (#1 romantic but expensive)

Max and Ermas (wife's favorite)

El Vaquero

Handke's Cuisine (basement is soooooooo cool too)

Favorite dishes that bring me back to others:

Lamb Korma and Naan: Taj Palace

Fort Worth Ribeye and the Rolls: Texas Roadhouse (cant get a better $12 steak with all the fixins, wife's #2 favorite place)

Bahama Mama Burger: Schmidts

Wings, Lucky's

General Tsao's Chicken, Ding Ho

Rock Filet and the Beer, The Elevator

In Indy, I like Culvers. Other than that, its all the same here.

Do you mean the one with Butterburgers? There is one here in town near Hilliard Rome Road and Renner, across from the Thuper Wal Mart.

J Alexanders (sp) 23 just noth of 270

Thier Prime Rib is sex. Dosent hurt that my entire meal with the wife was on the house when I was home on leave (even the wine)

Rock Bottom Brewery

http://www.rockbottomrestaurantsinc.com/RockBottomWeb/RBR/home.aspx

Stout Ribs = Culinary Heaven. Get a beer sampler, all of them where good when I was there (the light beer in the group was a little to light for me though) the terminal stout was absolutely awesome.

Texas De Brazil. All you can eat meat deliverd to your table. Guarnteed way to resolve clothing being to loose.

J Alexanders (sp) 23 just noth of 270

Thier Prime Rib is sex. Dosent hurt that my entire meal with the wife was on the house when I was home on leave (even the wine)

Texas De Brazil. All you can eat meat deliverd to your table. Guarnteed way to resolve clothing being to loose.

Are you thinking of J. Gilberts? I know there's one up there on 23 and there's one in my old town in Connecticut, and you're right; fucking amazing food.

As for the Texas de Brazil, churruscerias are fucking amazing. There's one out here in Boston a mile from my dorm that is easily the best you can get outside of Brazil, mostly cuz Boston has a huge Portuguese/Brazilian population.

For fast food, I eat loads of chipotle but I like Culvers in Hilliard. Culvers is from Wisconsin and I am from Minnesota near the Wisconsin boarder so the food is like we have in mom/pop places. Cheese curds RULE!!!