Kia Optima?

Cougar1647545494

The fact that there is a thread about a KIA anything in the passing lane blows my mind.

I'm sorry. My thread is not worthy so you have to come in and complain about my experience with a certain car. I knew they were junk, but I guess I was blown away at how bad the car actually is.

i think the reason a lot of people here are trashing them is because this is a race oriented board...these are not race cars...these are family sedans, good on gas mileage and will haul people around comfortably. these arent made to go fast by any means. i could understand if you went to get the rental and they said 'heres the new race inspired kia optima...bye', but they didnt. im sure you would have this same thread had they given you a stock chevy cobalt or even an aveo

That's the thing. It is a family sedan, but it's not good on gas mileage and it doesn't haul people around comfortably. I put over 400 miles on that thing and everytime I got out I had a headache from the noise and vibrations. I never once even thought of it or stated it being any type of race car. It's a sedan used for getting from point a to point b. I've traded it in for a Stratus for the time being. I drive too many miles in a week to put up with something like that. Honestly, I was shooting for the cobalt. I've drove them, they're 10x better. This was all they had. The hail storm dicked me over in terms of rental cars available. So no. I wouldn't have made this thread if I had received the g6 or cobalt as initally promised.

Funny? Folks like "614" post their strong opinions based on their own perceptions about a car / yet they don't own one, don't drive one, etc. Guess thats why our world is pretty good, everyone is different / if we were all the same & liked all the same things / it would be very boring -

Lets now pick on another manufacturer / any Daewoo's on here???? Haaaaaaaaaa

Guest 614Streets
Funny? Folks like "614" post their strong opinions based on their own perceptions about a car / yet they don't own one, don't drive one, etc. Guess thats why our world is pretty good, everyone is different / if we were all the same & liked all the same things / it would be very boring -

Lets now pick on another manufacturer / any Daewoo's on here???? Haaaaaaaaaa

Im a mechanic . Ive had them on the rack before. So no not funny , serious.

so because you're a mechanic, you know everything about these cars?

maybe you should read my post again. i had an elantra for 3 years (not someone i knew or my babys mommas uncles exwife), oil changes and a timing belt at 60k, and it ran strong the whole time.

not to mention, the warranty runs 5 year bumper to bumper, minus wear and tear items like brakes...hell, my buddy even got HEADLIGHT BULBS covered under is b2b warranty. i would have never thought...then, 100k mile powertrain warranty

you know, maybe its me, but a company REALLY has to stand behind their product to offer something like that. IIRC, hyundai/kia was one of the first (if not THE first) company to offer a 100k mile powertrain warranty. mitsubishi now offers it (unless they stopped it, i remember seeing ads for it a while back), and now, GM is trying to do the same thing

Guest 614Streets
so because you're a mechanic, you know everything about these cars?

maybe you should read my post again. i had an elantra for 3 years (not someone i knew or my babys mommas uncles exwife), oil changes and a timing belt at 60k, and it ran strong the whole time.

not to mention, the warranty runs 5 year bumper to bumper, minus wear and tear items like brakes...hell, my buddy even got HEADLIGHT BULBS covered under is b2b warranty. i would have never thought...then, 100k mile powertrain warranty

you know, maybe its me, but a company REALLY has to stand behind their product to offer something like that. IIRC, hyundai/kia was one of the first (if not THE first) company to offer a 100k mile powertrain warranty. mitsubishi now offers it (unless they stopped it, i remember seeing ads for it a while back), and now, GM is trying to do the same thing

I dont care that you owned a car for 3 years without any issues except a faulty switch , I dont care that someone is a salesman for hyundai and has had no issues with his new suv. It doesnt change the plain and simple fact that the cars are built with inferior materials , specifically inferior metals. Whats the point in dragging on about this really? I made my opionion on KIA and Hyundai , reinforced it , end of discussion. Really, No thanks to anyone trying to change my opinion, it just isnt gonna happen. Deal with it.

No its a FACT. non the less this thread is DEAD. Yep 614 I think this thread has been pushed to the limit. You're entitled to your opinion as is everyone else. Because of your views on Hyundai's however - I won't take you for a ride in my wifes Azera nor would I let you work on it with it's cheap materials & metals!!!!

Just giving you some crap really / it doesn't matter. We like our car which is good since we're making paymts

614 I also am a mechanic, woopdey fucking doo, like it's something special??!! I've worked on all kinds of cars from kia and hyundai and daewoo, to caddys, and bimmers and mercedes. The truth of the matter is that all cars are junk, even more so if you do not take care of them. I've seen honda's with low miles and newer years that were not in as good shape as "lowly" hyundais that were years older, and had 100000 more miles on the clock, why, because of maintainance. Your opinion is your opinion, and you're more than welcome to it. But If you're gonna claim a car is "inferior" because of personal preferance, I feel that you should back it up. Inferior metal my big ass thats pretty weak, honestly. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest 614Streets
614 I also am a mechanic, woopdey fucking doo, like it's something special??!! I've worked on all kinds of cars from kia and hyundai and daewoo, to caddys, and bimmers and mercedes. The truth of the matter is that all cars are junk, even more so if you do not take care of them. I've seen honda's with low miles and newer years that were not in as good shape as "lowly" hyundais that were years older, and had 100000 more miles on the clock, why, because of maintainance. Your opinion is your opinion, and you're more than welcome to it. But If you're gonna claim a car is "inferior" because of personal preferance, I feel that you should back it up. Inferior metal my big ass thats pretty weak, honestly. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Whoopdey fucking doo man. Pretty weak my ass man. You are a mechanic huh? Yeah whoopdey fucking doo. Sent this shit to the kitchen if u may.....