Need a mechanic, willing to pay.

Bam

I need someone competent and knowledgable with mustangs, specifically foxbody 5.0ls. I need a H/C/I swap, basically from one car to another and vice versa. You will need to come to me, but I have a very large garage, heated, excellent lighting and a large air compressor if needed. You will need to bring all the necessary tools to tear down both cars, swap necessary parts, and get both cars running again. Both cars currently run and drive fine, but I plan on keeping the one that is stock now, and selling the other, but want to keep the mods.

Make sense? I'm looking for offers from people that are willing to do this and for how much? I figure it'll be a day project, but if you need a weekend/couple days that's fine. I will be present most of the time and able/willing to lend a hand.

I would like to do this sometime soon.

Thanks

Matt

head, cam and intake swap,, between 2 cars?

long tube headers, or shortys?

shortys on one car, stock on the other. call me at 595-5536 if you have a quote or any other questions guys. Like I said, this must be done in my garage, not taking the cars anywhere.

Guest Removed

Well it calls for 14 hours just too r&r the heads and another 7 for the cam swap(book time)

Boss man says, for $963. per car plus tax and shop supplys(thats 14 hours period, cause he knows i can it it faster then that). that includes, oil filter, and coolant. usless you want synthetics.and does not include gaskets.

thats you bringing us the cars.

Well it calls for 14 hours just too r&r the heads and another 7 for the cam swap(book time)

Boss man says, for $963. per car plus tax and shop supplys(thats 14 hours period, cause he knows i can it it faster then that). that includes, oil filter, and coolant. usless you want synthetics.and does not include gaskets.

thats you bringing us the cars.

haha

haha

You seriously think you are going to get someone to haul all of their tools over to your house, then do this big job for pennies? The price Rob gave you is pretty fair. Try asking any other shop what they would charge for this in their own garage, then realize that it is that much more of a pain in the ass for them to do it in yours. Either provide the tools, or move the shit to where it can be done properly by someone that knows what they are doing. Or, do it yourself and stop being a leech, acting like everyone on here needs to cater to your every need.

Guest Removed
You obviously can't read, so get out of my thread.

full price is around $1400 a car.

but even if, id do this in your garage, your looking at $1500 cash.and if i bring two buddies, it would still take 2 or 3 nights..

why not do it yourself?

good luck finding someone that will do all that for nothing, and then after they fuck your shit up...we can fix whatever they fuck up..

Guest Removed
You seriously think you are going to get someone to haul all of their tools over to your house, then do this big job for pennies? The price Rob gave you is pretty fair. Try asking any other shop what they would charge for this in their own garage, then realize that it is that much more of a pain in the ass for them to do it in yours. Either provide the tools, or move the shit to where it can be done properly by someone that knows what they are doing. Or, do it yourself and stop being a leech, acting like everyone on here needs to cater to your every need.

thanks.....gave him over a 13 hour discount between the 2 cars :confused:

and i dont work for crackhead prices, nor do i expect anyone else too.

I Say do it yourself and learn from it. If you run into problems or are unsure of how to do something there more people that would be willing to help out, give you a hand, or come over and show you how to do it but let you do the work (My step dad did that with me).

I'd never before attempted a head swap on any engine before, until I did my Formula in the spring with Paul (98fiveseven). It went well, although took awhile, and I'd learned a lot. Due to some faulty information, I had to do it again less than a month later. This time I tore everything apart myself and had it ready for when John Rutan, Sam, and Linn came over to help me reassemble it.

I was quoted $600 without parts or shop fees to have someone do it, and that's with the "good ol' boy" pricing. Doing it myself and with some friends not only saved me a ton of $$$, but taught me a lot about my car. Then there's the pride afterwards when you can see the fruits of your labors.

I also don't wanna hear about time. I didn't have it either, but made due. I was coming home at 7am, working on it until noon, then sleeping and getting up at 4pm for work. This went on for weeks. If it's that important to you, then you'll make the time.

It's not to hard of a job, just keep track of your shit. I would say do it yourself if you have the tools. Time is never an issue, there is always a few hours in the day you do nothing.

Yes, baggies and a Sharpie are your friends. Everey section disassembled had it's own baggie for parts, sometimes its own box (for like keeping pushrod orientation).

Attention to detail matters foremost, so make sure you keep an eye on it.

I agree with what you guys are saying, and the time thing is semi-relevant, I don't have much time each week, but seeing how it is winter, I guess I've got a couple months.

Even though I've NEVER attempted anything this involved, I *think* I can handle it if I take my time.

The only reason why I would like it done by a seasoned mechanic is because one of the cars is my father's, and he would shit a brick if I ruined his motor. Not only that, but I'd have to fix it on my dime and I dunno, guess I'm just intimidated about this whole project.

I'd much appreciate it if someone wanted to oversee me and a friend putting things together and attempting to get it running again. The tear down/removal I'm not worried about, and the attention to detail I can have, but the initial re-install and getting it running is what I'm worried about.

Would anyone be willing to come hang out for a few nights? Beer/pop/pizza/wings provided of course, since I'm a big boy myself, ;)

Guest 614Streets
I agree with what you guys are saying, and the time thing is semi-relevant, I don't have much time each week, but seeing how it is winter, I guess I've got a couple months.

Even though I've NEVER attempted anything this involved, I *think* I can handle it if I take my time.

The only reason why I would like it done by a seasoned mechanic is because one of the cars is my father's, and he would shit a brick if I ruined his motor. Not only that, but I'd have to fix it on my dime and I dunno, guess I'm just intimidated about this whole project.

I'd much appreciate it if someone wanted to oversee me and a friend putting things together and attempting to get it running again. The tear down/removal I'm not worried about, and the attention to detail I can have, but the initial re-install and getting it running is what I'm worried about.

Would anyone be willing to come hang out for a few nights? Beer/pop/pizza/wings provided of course, since I'm a big boy myself, ;)

Eh count me out I dont work or hang out unless its about money , and I agree with rob he gave u a fair price and turns out you just wanted something for nothing , but, matt you can do it yourself and you will learn alot. Dont think you'll be able to do it in one day though. Exeperiance teaches you to expect hang ups , its just a fact with older parts , things break , bolts dont come out right etc etc. Take your time , buy a book and come back here if you get in trouble , sometimes 5 mins on the phone is all u need to get through a dilema that may arrise. :)