I"m a dreamer

V8 Beast

So if one were to decide to open up a drag strip just how difficult is it?? I know insurance costs a lot, noise laws are strict, and the cost of land is pretty high. Its a shame that we have all of these people that want to race and can only do it one day a week or on special occasions. And then you have to wait in line for an hour to get one run. I know I'm going on a rant, but a lack of places to go is the reason why people street race so damn much. I say we need to make a drag mall!!! A place were multiple businesses and repair shops can line up and sell products, services, and offer consultations. At the same time have a drag strip where you can test/tune and race 7 days a week. I know I'm a dreamer but it sounded good in my head.

THE END

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about we have a road course and a dyno!!! I'm just saying if we charge the vendors for space, and people $10 per race or a discounted fee for a prescheduled block of time (that can only be done at certain times) it would pay for itself. And we all know the more you race your car the more it breaks... the more it breaks the more parts and services you need to buy.... the more you need to buy the happier the vendors will be... and rich vendors wont mind paying for leased space!!! This way if your car breaks at the track you dont have to haul it home, you just push it over to one of the garages :thumbup:

There is no reason why, if you wanted to do a drag strip for reasonable price, that you should have to put down the expensive track material. Just standard road paving would be fine. There is a popular little track in the south somewhere that is like that, its just grassroots drag racing.

A motorsports type park would be ideal. A small road course with a 1/4 strip inside it and large parking pad with automotive shops for everything from tuning to tires and maintenance. Kind of like how that off-road park down in Tennessee offers.

Kil-Kare has a setup almost like this, the 1/4 down one side then the oval track and other areas all integrated in the area.

Something like this in the area would reduce the street racing considerably as long as it was affordable.

It would be awesome to have a one stop-shop for all racing, parts, etc. A big motorsports park with the track and the garages and a bar or restaurant where everyone can meet up and it's a private area, it's a cool idea.

WORD!!

Joshua

SlowMotion Motorsports

It would be awesome to have a one stop-shop for all racing, parts, etc. A big motorsports park with the track and the garages and a bar or restaurant where everyone can meet up and it's a private area, it's a cool idea.

There is one already in the works, be patient.

would be fucking sweet

GET IPS / Slow Motion / Intense / Dyno brian / few others and bam.

Pay for a member ship to CR which gets you Friday night fun :)

Linn pays extra for the 50 passes he makes a weekend :)

GOOOD WAIVERS, Insurance would be a bitch :\ I could see some one slamming a wall god forbit it happen but it would be a nightmare. Track cleanup things like that.

But a autocross area and a roadcorse god I'm dreaming hard right now things

w00t

I remember there was a place just like you guys are describing for sale on eBay last year or so. I think it was out in Arizona. It had a 1/4 connected to an oval track. Plus had some motor cross areas and stuff like that. I think we even talked about it on here.

Another issure would be the availability of fire/rescue and police. You don't want to be far away from a firestation, there's been enough cars destroyed because the track extinguishers can't handle a fuel blaze. Or better yet, have a used/surplus pumper and some of the track staff get trained as volunteer firefighters. EMS is harder, but really if someone crashes, you simply don't move them until the real deal arrives. Basic life-saving skills training would be a good idea for everyone anyway, I've seen the concession people at Trails react with total confusion in a situation where a simple Heimlich was necessary.

Police are important too, that'll help keep the retards out. There's a few officers on here, I'm sure they wouldn't mind trading some off-duty uniform time for some free passes!