It's the simple things in life...

MrMeanGreen

With my new travels as a field tech, I've found that Port Columbus is the exception and not the rule when it comes to free Wi-Fi spots. Most airports require some sort of pay service, between $7.99 daily to $40 monthly for access, and not all airports use the same service (requiring multiple accounts).

So, I've done some searching and am now using my Ebay data cable that I bought to swap files from my LG VX9800 to my home PC, can also be used as a CDMA network cable for the Verizon data network. Other than using minutes from my plan (which I get 1500/month), it's free and allows up to 2MB/sec connection speeds using said CDMA network. My laptop is connected right now downloading some stuff, and it recharges my phone as well.

The simple things :)

our company computers use Ipass we get "free" internet pretty much anywhere as long as we find it on our list.

connecting to those stupid things still takes like 15 mins.

off topic- Firefox 2 has a built in spell checker, many people on thise site would benefit from it.

Yeah I love my 9800 I'm getting the 9900 next week its slimmer, thinner better camera.

We actually offer a option thats like A $15 a month add on that doesn't take minutes out of your plan when you use your phone as a modem. I may be off on the price a little bit I have to double check that.

WARNING the following is for educational purposes only.... DO NOT ATTEMPT

If you open a sniffer on one of those pay networks you will see MAC addresses utilizing the network. If you change your MAC to one that is authenticated you can utilize the network for free....

The preceding is for EDUCATIONAL purposes only, DO NOT ATTEMPT....