Possible Tire Issue?

351mach11647545510

So this morning bobby layman (who has been doing the body work on my truck for over a damn month) tells me that the reason my truck keeps pulling to the right even though it's "in spec" is because my tire is bad. they said they switched the tires around and it pulled in the opposite direction so they switched them front to rear and the problem went away. Can anyone explain to me how it can be the tire when i just bought them 2 and a half months ago along with an alignment and never had one damn issue with it drifting at all, but now all of a sudden after the wreck the tire on the opposite side that was hit, is now causing the truck to pull in it's direction? Also, is there anyone who might be able to check them out for me. i dont really have a whole lot of spare cash right now.

Guest Removed

I'd say it happens. Ive seen brand new tires do the same thing(pull too one side)

have them rotated...we do such a thing for 19.99 and check your brakes and etc.(plus you get 10% off for being a CR member)

its called a radial tire pull. normal cross rotation can take care of it, but you may have a busted belt in the tire causing the pull. im around the corner from layman

im sorry if this sounds stupid, but i dont know a whole lot about tires in general. these are bf's all terrains with a 6 ply sidewall. it's my understanding theses are supossed to be able to take alot of abuse. where exactly are you rob? im supposed to go pick the truck up in an hour or two. maybe i could swing on by. as far as the rotation and brake inspection. i do all my own work. it's only there cause it was wrecked

do you think that would be the case even though it is the tire that was on the passenger side? (i got hit on the driver side)

Who knows if those wheels were switched during the repair process?

they replaced the rim on the side that was hit and it seems like a real pita to me but very good point. any way I might be able to see if this is so and try to prove it? I already talked to the insurance company and they are siding with the dealership saying it's the tie and that it must be a defective one.