pleading a ticket down?

evan9381

so today i got hit with a ticket for speeding...70 in a 55. it was on 33 and 270, coming back from marysville for my g/fs family reunion, with her, her sister, and her b/f in the car...im out that way maybe 2x a year, so i didnt have any idea. was going with traffic, got on the entrance ramp to 270 and he pulled me over right there. normally i know im doing something wrong, and just pay the ticket. i honestly had no clue, and everyone in the car is wondering why im getting stopped...

it pissed me off i was in a line of traffic that was coming off 161 (is that the freeway about a mile before 270 on 33?) going with the flow, quite a few hopped off to go 270 south, i was with a couple cars going to northbound 270...instead of doing like i normally would and go into the left lane and speed up past them, i just decided to wait it out in the line of traffic.

if i was speeding, which i guess i was, thats fine with me...but im pissed off that because he decided to go after me and no one else, when i was in a group of cars that i would like to plead it down to a non-moving violation. the fine doesnt bother me, im just on the last part of getting my driving record cleaned up and here comes some dumb ass ticket again.

any ideas on how i can get this pleaded down?

Idk what you can do about it but I know theres always cops there, I drive by there everyday. Thats def. a place to look for cops.

ha. like i said, im hardly out there...i think ive honestly driven out there about 8 times since i got my license 5 years ago...everything i need/do is on the east side.

This was a Dublin cop right? If its a Dublin ticket you might as well write a check now and dont waste your time. The prosecuting attorney is a super prick. My father in law is an attorney and we had a hell of a time pleading down a wreckless ops ticket. After 4 appearances and a change of venue the guy finally budged to a m3 speeding ticket w/ a big fine. Had I went in w/o an attorney he would have told me to go f myself. Dublin is the new New Rome.

This was a Dublin cop right? If its a Dublin ticket you might as well write a check now and dont waste your time. The prosecuting attorney is a super prick. My father in law is an attorney and we had a hell of a time pleading down a wreckless ops ticket. After 4 appearances and a change of venue the guy finally budged to a m3 speeding ticket w/ a big fine. Had I went in w/o an attorney he would have told me to go f myself. Dublin is the new New Rome.

The prosecutor was cool with me..although it was my first time in there. It can't hurt to try.

id rather go down with a fight then to give up before anything happens

ive really been trying to clear up my record from when i was younger. from the time i got my license til about my 19th birthday i had 2 speeding tickets (35 in a school zone 20 and 70 in a 55 on 62 in BFE), one accident, bumped someone in a parking lot, assured clear distance ahead from an accident...the only thing on my record now is the ACDA/accident (same event) that was june 04, and will drop off this june...

i honestly thought i was only doing 5 over, which no one will hassle you about, and when he pulled me over im just like WTF.

/off topic, anyone ever try the 'write the check for 3-5$ over and when they send you the refund, trash it :evil grin: ...i know a guy who 'says' hes done it 3x and has no points...not sure how much i believe him. lol

YOO ARE A NOOB IDIOT DONT TRY AND GET OUT OF A TICKET YOU WERE WRONG AND YOU ARE A NOOB BITCH!!!!!!!!!!1111ELEVEN.

yeah, so now thats out of the way, no one has to make any ignorant post anything like the above.

for real though, go in and talk to the prosecutor and tell him you're sure you weren't speeding but that you dont want to make everyone come in over and over again, and they'll maybe try and work a deal. this is coming from someone who has only been to the juvenile courthouse though.

Maybe I caught the dude on the day he found his wife f'ing the gardener. I'm telling you the guy was a prick when we went in and this wasn't even talking with me it was with my lawyer. The shitty thing about heading in to fight it is your gonna add court costs into the mix. There was a news article sometime last year about how many tickets they write in Dublin, it was more than 3x that of CPD. I hate working in that area simply for that reason.

/off topic, anyone ever try the 'write the check for 3-5$ over and when they send you the refund, trash it :evil grin: ...i know a guy who 'says' hes done it 3x and has no points...not sure how much i believe him. lol

:lol: nope they just keep your money. You can check for yourself, if the tickets were in Franklin county, put in his last name and look at his record:

http://www.fcmcclerk.com/Pa/pa.urd/pamw6500*display

old tale....not even remotely true. some think that by mis-paying the ticket won't get closed and points submitted, but that's not true.

[quote=evan9381

Dublin cops, speed limits and taxes....are while I'll never live there. We are in Columbus, with Dublin schools. I will never pay that place the 3x in taxes they would charge us to live there.

We'll be moving soon and Dublin taxes are stupid and one reason why I won't live there. Sooner send my kids to a private school. Fuck there cops too.

anothr unhappy customer for speeding, lovely.

maybe you could learn to read. if i was speeding, thats fine. i dont have a problem paying the fine. the point of my post was to see what i could do to plead it down to a non-moving violation. i dont mind paying the fine, but if possible, i would like to keep it off my record

I can't speak on behalf of the prosecutor. The judge is the dublin mayor. She is a very nice person but kinda a stickler when it comes to traffic court. Best I can recomended to do is ask the prosecutor if you can plead it down to a no points violation and pay the fees.

dude, you drive an Integra GSR and was speeding... of course a cop is going to pull you over.

ha. i guess i didnt add that in my post.

i was driving my girlfriends 2007 mazda 3 touring. i guess the mazda just has too much power for me. lol (honestly though, i do like that car...its a blast to drive for a stock car)

I can't speak on behalf of the prosecutor. The judge is the dublin mayor. She is a very nice person but kinda a stickler when it comes to traffic court. Best I can recomended to do is ask the prosecutor if you can plead it down to a no points violation and pay the fees.

thats exactly what i want to do. im just trying to figure out if there is a certain something i need to do or just straight up ask him if i can do that

Just ask. It's worked for me 30+ times before I had to get an attorney because they wouldn't deal with me anymore. :)

thats exactly what i want to do. im just trying to figure out if there is a certain something i need to do or just straight up ask him if i can do that

Dublin is the new New Rome.

Not even close. I drove through both New Rome and the 270/33 interchanges to and from work for 4 years (before they nuked New Rome). New Rome was a corrupt administration that had 2 seperate embezzlements in 3 years. They illegally lowered the speed limit on Broad St, and installed a traffic light at a cross street that carried less than 50 cars a day, just to stop traffic and run plates.

I work in Dublin and drive 270N to 33W to Avery/Muirfield daily. There is ALWAYS a DPD cruiser lasering 270N right before the exit, and another cruiser lasering 33E.

This was posted 10 months ago. You shoulda been paying attention!:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22359

maybe you could learn to read. if i was speeding, thats fine...

Hmm, what do I remember reading from an earlier post? Wait, here it is, the first line of your first post in this thread:

so today i got hit with a ticket for speeding...

The Irony Police just gave you a Rodney King e-beating.

Here's what I think you should do, Speedy: go in to court and ask the prosecutor to kick you in the fucking face for being a crybaby.

Hmm, what do I remember reading from an earlier post? Wait, here it is, the first line of your first post in this thread:

The Irony Police just gave you a Rodney King e-beating.

Here's what I think you should do, Speedy: go in to court and ask the prosecutor to kick you in the fucking face for being a crybaby.

someones a little salty today :)

So you were speeding, got pulled over, now don't want to face the concequences. Grow up!!

What is it with people and not wanting to take responsibility for thier actions I see this kinda post all the time, take the points, pay your fine, and suck it up. Or just dont speed.

like i stated, i dont mind the fine. i would like to keep the points off my license. if i can plead it down, dublin gets the money they want (probably more caus im sure they'll bump the fine up), and i get no points...makes both of us happy. if i would have realized the limit was 55, (which, once again, i do not travel that area and was not aware), i would not have been doing 70. its not like i was out driving like a maniac, doing 60 thru a school zone 20. i was with the flow of traffic and i got hit in a shitty speed trap that i was unaware about.

if i would have realized the limit was 55, (which, once again, i do not travel that area and was not aware), i would not have been doing 70.

I guess the reduce speed ahead sign 1/2 half mile west of the Avery/Muirfield Dr. bridge, and the big 55mph sign about 1/4 mile later weren't clear enough for you?

Pay attention!