Removing Rusted Rotors

Berto

the corolla needs new rotors. I bought the replacements and intended to do them myself. I was using two bolts to press them off and ripped out the threads from the rotor they are stuck on there good. Any suggestions?

Any shop willing to do this for a reasonable price? (Scott Kirk I will probably call you soon)

Try a torch. It'll take a while and you'll want to repack your wheelbearings (if serviceable) when done, but it works. Just keep heating around the stuck area and trying to work it back and forth, eventually it'll break free.

Get a remote controlled car/truck and fabricate a very large hammer on the top of it. Make it tall enough to hit to bottom of the rotor. All you have to do then is drive the remote around your garage to get it at top speed and hit the rotor a few times!! ;)

Spray and or heat and BFH as long as you aren't saving them. Put a lug nut on most of the way so the rotor does not fly off and smack the back side and turn 90 degrees and repeat untill it come off

And if you are in town I can take care of it for you.

Spray and or heat and BFH as long as you aren't saving them. Put a lug nut on most of the way so the rotor does not fly off and smack the back side and turn 90 degrees and repeat untill it come off

And if you are in town I can take care of it for you.

+1 for BFH.

Guest Removed

BFH.....10 pound sleg i have does them in one or 2 wacks.

be glad its not a expedition, those suck. the rotor will just rust itself too the hub..plamsa cutter has been slicing them off in no time flat ;)

id stray away from BFH...i did this and ended up snapping my spindle, which was another 200$ for parts, and luckily i knew a guy who pressed em together for free

go to autozone and get a gear puller...something else to try if youre trashing them is to cut a slit into the rotor (outer rim in) and then put something like a 4 post tire iron w/ a flat head in there and twist...it should crack the rotor down and break the rust free on the spindle

and i did try heat, WD40, SFH, BFH, kick the shit out of it...nothing

id stray away from BFH...i did this and ended up snapping my spindle, which was another 200$ for parts, and luckily i knew a guy who pressed em together for free

go to autozone and get a gear puller...something else to try if youre trashing them is to cut a slit into the rotor (outer rim in) and then put something like a 4 post tire iron w/ a flat head in there and twist...it should crack the rotor down and break the rust free on the spindle

and i did try heat, WD40, SFH, BFH, kick the shit out of it...nothing

don't blame the BFH on Inferior Korean parts. :)

PB blaster and BFH

Guest Removed
don't blame the BFH on Inferior Korean parts. :)

PB blaster and BFH

you can hit a speed bump wrong and break one of those spindles :rolleyes:

dont blame it on the BFH. it all depends on who is swinging it.