Dishwasher peeps..

Buck531

I have a whirlpool (can't remember the model). When the dishes get clean, I'm left with a LOT of water at the bottom of the washer. I have to hit the cancel/drain button and it gets "most" of it out. Leaving nice, dirty water in the bottom. Doesn't matter how many times i press the button, water still sits in there.

Also, the last few days we've run it, when pressing ANY button on the front to do anything it doesn't do shit. Seems like it has no power. I've hit it, slammed it a few times and it started working.

Does/would anyone like to come out and take a look? I did a google on it and there's an issue with some type of pump or what not, but I really don't feel like ripping apart my washer as I'd be pretty clueless.

wish I could help...I hate dishwashers....heat, moisture, electronics...never a good combo.

ours kept getting clogged with the tiny plastic tips from the various racks and what not. they come off and rattle around in the disposal part being chewed up but never flushed out all the way.

nothing is cheap and we reluctantly went with a higher end Bosch unit that is all stainless and have never looked back.

I have a whirlpool (can't remember the model). When the dishes get clean, I'm left with a LOT of water at the bottom of the washer. I have to hit the cancel/drain button and it gets "most" of it out. Leaving nice, dirty water in the bottom. Doesn't matter how many times i press the button, water still sits in there.

Also, the last few days we've run it, when pressing ANY button on the front to do anything it doesn't do shit. Seems like it has no power. I've hit it, slammed it a few times and it started working.

Does/would anyone like to come out and take a look? I did a google on it and there's an issue with some type of pump or what not, but I really don't feel like ripping apart my washer as I'd be pretty clueless.

Minw has this problem that after I run it it has all these clean dishes that need to be put away and I never feel like it. Any help there?

you need a wife/girlfriend, mine does a great job and saves me from ever having to do it. I got the one that also loads the dirty dishes in as well.

I had the same problem last year. was left with a bunch of water in the washer after use. Pulled it apart and couldn't find a clog and lines appeared clean. cleaned everything back up put it back together and was ok. as long as the pump is still good you should be fine. Pump bad time for a new dishwasher.

thanks for the replies. It's proabbly about 4-5 years old. I got it from Lowes back then for around $300ish. I just don't want to pay some ass hat $50 to come out and tell me it's going to be $400 to fix a $300 dishwasher. I could put that towards a new one.

I guess I"ll pull it out and see if the return hose thing that goes into the disposal is clogged up and go from there.

We actually had this problem 2 weeks ago.

You will nneed to get under your sink and disconet the drain line and clean the crap out of it.

Its a pain in the ass, but it does the job.

I just did this last Thursday. I peeled 6 potatos and the disposal said FUCK YOU! to me. I took off the elbow at the bottom and it was clogged nicely. Cleaned that and the dishwasher still does it.