Sort of new...

Guest StealthECOtec

Guest StealthECOtec

I'm sort of new. I joined a ways back, but was never active because my ride was an 02 Cavalier LS Sport with the 2.2 ecotec. It was mostly a show car, nothing fast. But i recently ditched the cavalier for a 2006 Cobalt SS/Supercharged, so now that I have a somewhat more respectable performance car, I thought i'd try to be more active on here. I was going to register a new name, but i still technically have an ecotec, its just a boosted 2.0 ecotec. As for the "Stealth" part, its because the cavalier was black. I know the SS is bright-ass red, so its not stealth at all, but hey, i dont feel like registering a new account, lol.

Anyways...

the old ride:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/StealthCavalier/DSCF1536.jpg

the new ride:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/StealthCavalier/DSCN4180.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/StealthCavalier/DSCN4171.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/StealthCavalier/DSCF1960.jpg

Adam has raced it, He is a strong beleiver in take it to the track. Great guy I tell ya

Sense you are answering for him; Drag race, Auto X, or Road course. Any #'s or course times? I have heard the handling is pretty good , but they are heavy.

Guest StealthECOtec
Sense you are answering for him; Drag race, Auto X, or Road course. Any #'s or course times? I have heard the handling is pretty good , but they are heavy.

its only been to the drag strip, and only once. its only 2 months old, so i only got a couple runs in before the drag season ended. the best i could do was a 15.0. it should run 14.5, but has a bad wheel hop problem that i havnt fixed or mastered. When i first starting running my cavalier, it was running 17s, but once i got used to it i got it down to 15.8. Hopefully once the weather gets warm again i can get the SS down to mid 14s. I do plan on getting the GM Stage II, which is good for 40whp or so. I also need the Ingalls torque damper to address the wheel hop. Right now i can't launch over 3k.

Guest StealthECOtec
Stuff a m90 in that thing, welcome.

the M90 puts out less boost then the M62. Bigger doesnt mean better. stock the M90 is only at 10psi, the M62 is at 12psi.

Bigger can push less boost and be under less stress while pushing more power. Efficiency is the key. It's the same kind of thing as adding headers, without changing the pulley your boost will drop. Flow simply became more efficient; less boost, same pulley ratio, more power.

Welcome.

its only been to the drag strip, and only once. its only 2 months old, so i only got a couple runs in before the drag season ended. the best i could do was a 15.0. it should run 14.5, but has a bad wheel hop problem that i havnt fixed or mastered. When i first starting running my cavalier, it was running 17s, but once i got used to it i got it down to 15.8. Hopefully once the weather gets warm again i can get the SS down to mid 14s. I do plan on getting the GM Stage II, which is good for 40whp or so. I also need the Ingalls torque damper to address the wheel hop. Right now i can't launch over 3k.

I hadn't looked at any info on your car, but I really was expecting better #'s from what I had heard. good luck with your project and have fun with it.

Of course you couldn't, because you're an idiot.

To the guy who made this thread: You drive a cavalier.

yup, and thats why you talk shit online.......

so let me get this straight.....Because i drive a focus i am considered an idiot.Disregaurding the knowledge i have about cars, you judge me on what i drive????????? :jerkit:

so let me get this straight.....Because i drive a focus i am considered an idiot.Disregaurding the knowledge i have about cars, you judge me on what i drive????????? :jerkit:

any time you want to get your ass handed to you by my civic on 270 or,by my brain in automotive knowledge let me know.

the first thing you should do is put a drag radial on the front wheels. then get a pullie and call eric from dynotune motorsports to get your car tuned.

When the car is finished being tuned you should then race me for $20, ill even be nice we can do it from a 40 roll and ill give you the hit.

also why are noobs welcoming noobs???