Cool high speed valvetrain video.

Doug1647545489

Thought you guys might like to see this. I shot this video on my SpinTron at work and it was part of our PRI booth. It was a huge hit and pretty neat to watch.

Btw it's on a LS1.

http://www.racingsprings.com/movies/PRI%20Web%204.wmv

Edit: sorry I forgot we had a seperate forum for vids...

• 2 weeks later...
Do all springs turn like that? What's a Spintron?

All springs want to rotate when compressed. That's why nice racing suspensions put Torrington bearings between the spring and the perch; it allows them to freely rotate and prevents them from binding.

Guest Ponyfreak
I saw a simular spintron video at the fererra booth I believe. I do not know which application it was on but the amount of valve deflection was scarry. The top of the valve looked like a 20' pole swaying around in the air. I do nto see how the guides could survive in that environment.

I was going to ask in this was the video in the Fererra booth....

Nah... Ferreas videos were really shitty. The ones I posted are low res clips and the ones we used in our booth looked really good.

BTW we make Ferrea's springs.

And as for the springs spinning. Spinning helps with valvespring seat/retainer wear. Some spin faster then others and some barely spin at all. I've seen springs spin one way and then stop and spin the other way. Really cool stuff.

Matt, That spring was not broken or fractured.