Honda S2000

Guest Pimpin' the Jag

Guest Pimpin' the Jag
I am just wanting to know a little bit about these. I havn't researched much more than their price. I'm getting ready to deploy to iraq and when i get back i want to buy a car. I'm thinking about pretty much anything. Mainly between any of the smaller 2 door sports cars like the s2000...really anything between 15 and 20k. But what is the after market like for these cars...i know they are fine tuned so its difficult to get much more power out of them without adding a power adder...not so easy as rx7s. which i've also been thinking about buying...but anyway let me know about the honda...thanks!!!

I have an 01 with about 30k on the clock. bought her in 03 with 12k on her. love it. lots of fun. don't take it out too much, but when I do, she's a blast.

I love the fact that she's about the opposite of my GXP. High reving and corners like no other. Best Auto X car out there IMO.

Haven't done much outside an intake since like you said, only a turbo is really going to make things worth it. Sure would have loads of fun with her then ;)

Great resale value and reliable as heck. Not as rare as I'd like, but all mine.

I am just wanting to know a little bit about these. I havn't researched much more than their price. I'm getting ready to deploy to iraq and when i get back i want to buy a car. I'm thinking about pretty much anything. Mainly between any of the smaller 2 door sports cars like the s2000...really anything between 15 and 20k. But what is the after market like for these cars...i know they are fine tuned so its difficult to get much more power out of them without adding a power adder...not so easy as rx7s. which i've also been thinking about buying...but anyway let me know about the honda...thanks!!!

Too damn small. I couldn't own one if I wanted to, 6'3", 210 lbs, and I simply don't fit.

Seeing the normal people that drive them, they are mostly driven by old people. Peaky power band and fairly torqueless...just like an RX7, lol.

IMO, if you want a small import, buy an RX7 w/ no motor and toss in an LS1.

Too damn small. I couldn't own one if I wanted to, 6'3", 210 lbs, and I simply don't fit.

Seeing the normal people that drive them, they are mostly driven by old people. Peaky power band and fairly torqueless...just like an RX7, lol.

IMO, if you want a small import, buy an RX7 w/ no motor and toss in an LS1.

Quoted for the TRUTH!!! I've driven several S2000's, and each and every time I was less than impressed. High reving is cool, but there is absolutely no torque. Hell, my slow ass 4x4 truck is faster though the 330' than that "sports car", I know cause I've beaten several of them. In the quarter or the eighth they are quicker. Due to the fact that honda has gotten about every pony they could outta the engine the modabaility is lacking. And forced induction is iffy due to the relatatively high compression ratio. Thats just my .02. Hope it was helpful.

Guest Pimpin' the Jag

I had assumed that they had no torque...and that like the rx7 they make everything up in the top end. But as far as fun drivable car thats all you need is the HP numbers not so much the torque...but yes torque is fun...i test drove an ss cobalt which is similar in the 1/4 as the s2000 but it gains its speed at a different time then the honda.

i guess the only real way to find out which one i like the best would be to keep test driving...keep the info coming on the vehicles though b/c personal experience is better to hear about then what they write in magazines

Their a great car, reliable, good gas mileage, and a blast to drive. Their very competitive at autocross and road racing. They are hard to make big power gains but they don't need much more than they have unless you have a drag racing mentality, and that car is not a drag car.

sounds like you understand what many don't...it's not a drag car. can do high 13's, believe me, but you have to dump it hard and while I've done it at the track, on the street, you'd look crazy.

the cool part is that it does like to be driven and rev'd. I've shocked quite a few people that come up on me as I'm at 4,000 rpm in 2nd gear. They think that I'm an easy mark....and while I wouldn't challenge a heavily modded V8 like many hear, I will take on a fellow GP'er or a newer stang without a flinch. She really comes alive up top and as long you shift hard, she will hang and wake up many that will never look at running you from a roll again.

the really cool part is when there's a curve. 270W to 315S....I've mastered that curve. Perhaps a Boxter or an RX8 would hang, but I litterally scare the hell out of the folks who race me as they typically back off or flatten out just after we cross the first bridge....not me, I push her all the way down and that little ass just swats down and takes the curve like she's on ice skates :cool: doesn't get any more fun than that. Nelson's Ledges is a very fun time too. Just save up for some good track tires.

I had assumed that they had no torque...and that like the rx7 they make everything up in the top end. But as far as fun drivable car thats all you need is the HP numbers not so much the torque...but yes torque is fun...i test drove an ss cobalt which is similar in the 1/4 as the s2000 but it gains its speed at a different time then the honda.

i guess the only real way to find out which one i like the best would be to keep test driving...keep the info coming on the vehicles though b/c personal experience is better to hear about then what they write in magazines