600hp Factory Viper and Vette

BuckeyeGT

has anyone read the new motor trend w/ the viper on the cover? the 08 viper will come with a 600hp 8.4l. also, chevy is planning on making a corvette ss with a supercharged v8 (actual engine type unknown) which is projected to put out around 600hp.

these cars are just getting insane anymore. i cant imagine how bad the ss will own with a pulley and bolt ons.

Ohhhh what to buy what to buy??? A new Vette Z06 with a paltry 505 horses, or wait & order the SS with 600 +. Manufacturers are going back in history to the 60's??? By the way, anyone see the speed channel a couple days ago as they aired the top muscle cars from 1969 ie Shelby, GTO, Camaro, Nova, Superbee 440, AMC 390 cubes with air scoop? Interesting NONE broke into the 12's on the 1/4 mile, yet I remember 1969 & these babies (for the time) were fast!!! Technology is a nice thing isn't it - I actually missed this program but my brother called me & told me about it. I hope to see it when they air it again

For some reason I bet the Vette will be faster, nicer, and cost less than the Viper, just like the current Z06.

at a est $100,000. I dont think it will be cheaper but will be about the same price. It may be faster thou.

http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/11836/spied-2009-corvette-stingray.html

has anyone read the new motor trend w/ the viper on the cover? the 08 viper will come with a 600hp 8.4l. also, chevy is planning on making a corvette ss with a supercharged v8 (actual engine type unknown) which is projected to put out around 600hp.

these cars are just getting insane anymore. i cant imagine how bad the ss will own with a pulley and bolt ons.

It is a LSx type engine with less cu.in. than the current Z06.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060502/FREE/60501021/1024/MOTORSPORTSNEWS

Early reports indicate that a 6.2 L LS9 derivative is due in 2008. Displacement was a reportedly decreased for a thicker cylinder wall, to promote a stronger cylinder to deal with the rigors of possibly forced induction. A picture of this motor was seen drifting around on the internet, and it seems to be equipped with a positive displacement supercharger and is stated to produce 650 hp (485 kW).

Guest Ponyfreak
the vette will prolly respond better to mods since it will have a blower.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Smoke another one.