107.1 Wazu?

RedRocket1647545505

Guest [ i v i ]
And once again terrestrial radio sells out. And don't tell me the superiority of satellite radio has nothing to do with it. Broadcasters are back on their heels trying to figure out how to compete against satellite radio. Hmmm....almost sounds like the same problem OSU had last night.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

']And once again terrestrial radio sells out. And don't tell me the superiority of satellite radio has nothing to do with it. Broadcasters are back on their heels trying to figure out how to compete against satellite radio. Hmmm....almost sounds like the same problem OSU had last night.

How the hell....huh?

I'm amazed that you people actually suffer through testicle radio. Same 10 songs over and over, then throw in a boat load of commercials. Nice.

- Sirius has 0 commercials on all of their music stations (can't say that for XM, but they are hurting pretty badly now anyway)

- With my Sporster IR, I can pause just like a DVR. This is an AWESOME feature, as I don't have to miss a song, or something I want to listen to (I'm an avid Bubba and Howard listener).

- You actually KNOW what is being played, as the artist/song is displayed for you. Might sound like a hokey feature until you have it, then you wonder how you ever went without it.

- None of that censorship BS (there are a few censored music channels, for stuff you'd expect to be censored, but nothing I listen to is censored). It's nice to listen to a song without 1/2 the words missing or being changed. It's also nice to listen to talk radio without the dump button constantly being pushed, and the host to have the ability to really talk about whatever they want.

Trust me, I USED to listen to testicle radio, and a lot of it. I've had Sirius for over 2 years now, and use it as much, if not more, than when I first bought it. I'd pay twice what they are charging and still be happy with the service. I only have one charge, as I have a PNP unit and car kits/home kit in a bunch of different stuff. Once you have it, you could never go back to that other crap.

I'm amazed that you people actually suffer through testicle radio. Same 10 songs over and over, then throw in a boat load of commercials. Nice.

- Sirius has 0 commercials on all of their music stations (can't say that for XM, but they are hurting pretty badly now anyway)

- With my Sporster IR, I can pause just like a DVR. This is an AWESOME feature, as I don't have to miss a song, or something I want to listen to (I'm an avid Bubba and Howard listener).

- You actually KNOW what is being played, as the artist/song is displayed for you. Might sound like a hokey feature until you have it, then you wonder how you ever went without it.

- None of that censorship BS (there are a few censored music channels, for stuff you'd expect to be censored, but nothing I listen to is censored). It's nice to listen to a song without 1/2 the words missing or being changed. It's also nice to listen to talk radio without the dump button constantly being pushed, and the host to have the ability to really talk about whatever they want.

Trust me, I USED to listen to testicle radio, and a lot of it. I've had Sirius for over 2 years now, and use it as much, if not more, than when I first bought it. I'd pay twice what they are charging and still be happy with the service. I only have one charge, as I have a PNP unit and car kits/home kit in a bunch of different stuff. Once you have it, you could never go back to that other crap.

Wow we agree on something, I'm scared. :o:cool:

BTW I am waiting for 8pm to roll around so I can hear what Ferrall has to say about OSU.

Guest [ i v i ]
How the hell....huh?

Sorry for the bad analogy. What I meant was the terrestrial radio broadcasters are going crazy trying to figure out how to compete with satellite radio. Just like the Buckeyes were going crazy trying to figure out how to stop Florida.

I recommend XM over Sirius. Stations are better. I don't listen to Stern so I wasn't forced to the dog.

I've listened to both: XM sucks in comparison.

- Pretty crappy to be listening to a music channel on XM and have to HEAR A FREAKING COMMERCIAL!!!! Isn't part of the idea of sat. radio for you to not to have to suffer through commercials when listening to music? I was listening to XM in my roomate's car (he hasn't switched over to Sirius yet), and a commercial popped on...I thought he was listening to testicle radio until I looked at the screen and there was an advertisement on it. Nice.

- If you like sports, you won't like XM.

- We already know if you like tallk radio, Sirius is the only way to go. Unless you want to listen to Oprah...but oh wait, even if you like Oprah, that 55 million dollar contract XM paid only has her on for a 1/2 hour ONCE A WEEK.

- Speaking of music selection; for my tastes (rock, alternative, 80's, very small amount of "pop", bit of metal), Sirius is overall better. XM Squizz is slightly better than Sirius Octane, but XM's 80's channel really sucks, while Sirius's 80's channel is awesome. I've listened to both.

- XM attributes that over a million of their subscriber base chose them because of NASCAR. Sadly for them, they lost NASCAR to Sirius at the start of this year......

Why is XM bigger still?? XM came to the market first, and the first couple of years, it was clearly better than Sirius. XM also got exclusive contracts w/ more auto-makers (such as GM), which is still helping them greatly. Future predictions say that once these contracts end, most companies will go for dual-provider setups, so that takes an advantage XM currently has away from them.

Regardless, Sirius is outselling XM anyway, and the gap is closing quickly. While Sirius is breaking their subscriber number predictions, XM isn't hitting their numbers (even after lowering their numbers time and again). Churn is also higher at XM as well (I wonder where a number of those customers are going.....). I have a feeling the churn is going to be very bad for XM this first quarter as the NASCAR fans move from XM over to Sirius.

Howard just got a huge bonus, Sirius had a target of 3.5 millon subscribers by yesterday 1-9-07. They have over 6 million as if yesterday. XM is doomed, fuck clear channel! Clear Channel sold 400 radio stations in the last few months. The biggest mistake was them picking a fight with Howard. They started it and he is finishing it.

Guest [ i v i ]

When I had Sirius, I liked Howard Stern, but even better is Bubba The Lovesponge. I never wanted to turn the car off when I got home in the afternoon.

In XM's defense though, only 4 stations have commercials. These stations are owned by none other than the pricks themselves - Clear Channel. So Clear Channel says to XM "we want commercials on the 4 channels we own". XM says OK and then makes 4 identical channels without the commercials. Screw you Clear Channel!

welcome to Az... there was nothing but mexican stations and country stations.

Actually Phoenix has a fuckin sweet classic rock station. I forget the number though. I go out there 1-2 times a year. I want to live there, but the wife will not leave her family. :mad:

Ok, so which is better for 107.1 and 99.7 type of rock? XM or Sirius?

Not sure about XM but the closest I think Sirius has is channel 20 "Octane". They play good stuff even some more obscure stuff that the blitz never plays.

Right now Mudvayne - "Not Falling" is on.

Next is Hinder - "How Long"

There are 19 "rock" channels.

My presets are

1 - Big 80's.

2 - Buzzsaw ( classic rock/hard stuff). They play 80's Metallica :).

3 - Octane (Blitz/Wazu type stuff)

4 - Hair Nation (woot).

5 - Hard Attack (real heavy shit)

6 - Raw Dog. (comedy)

What is your basis for this? And Howard Stern does not count... :)

I have XM in the caddy and hate it. Usually just listen to ESPN radio since the variety of music sucks. It is almost as if they play the other 7-10 songs off a groups CD rather then their actual hit they have out.

Have the sirius sportster in the other car and love it. Octane is a non-stop blitz/old wazu, and faction will play everything. One minute you'll hear some pantera, next song will be eminem.

What is your basis for this? And Howard Stern does not count... :)

I know. He said "rock" stations..

I had XM for almost half a year before switching to Sirius. My big problem with XM was that I found myself flipping through stations after each song. It just didn't seem like they have good playlists on their rock stations. Atleast for my music preference, I don't have that issue with Sirius.

I know. He said "rock" stations..

I had XM for almost half a year before switching to Sirius. My big problem with XM was that I found myself flipping through stations after each song. It just didn't seem like they have good playlists on their rock stations. Atleast for my music preference, I don't have that issue with Sirius.

Thanks. I was going to try out XM in the Buick for a month, see if I liked it, as it's already equipped with that receiver... :)