107.1 Wazu?

RedRocket1647545505

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha...are you serious 107 is gone? that sucks.

and no, we don't need more country...and we don't need another Clear Channel station that spins the same record every hour, on the hour and fills in the free air time with inane chatter and morning shows with their douchebaggery that makes soccer moms feel 'hip and cool' becuase they tune in on their way to the office.

get sirius and you wont look back

Exactly. Columbus could lose all of its radio stations, and wouldn't make a difference to me.

O&A suck anyway. I was stuck listening to them for an afternoon last month (stuck without my serious), and if their "best of" show is supposed to represent just that, it's pathetic. I'd rather listen to Rover's Morning Glory (which would be almost tolerable if you shot that woman they have on the show...note I said almost tolerable).

But screw all that noise; I'll tune in to Howard 100 and Howard 101 and get my Howard Stern and Bubba The Love Sponge. None of that censored testicle radio BS.

I know last night when I was driving home from work at a little after 5, I am pretty sure I heard rock music on 107.1. I have been pretty upset that they haven't been playing the O&A show. This really sucks though if they are gone.

I just went to the website and just a blank page comes up.

99.7 is all that's left? Fucking pathetic.

My thoughts exactly. Did they give a reason as to why they left? I'd imagine due to financial difficulties. I figured they were in trouble when they brought in that crapass O&A show during prime fucking listening hours. Seriously. 3-6pm? Those were the worst God damn hours ever for a radio show. I know during those three hours, I tuned to 99.7. I'm sure many others did as well.

I work in Circleville, which is where WAZU is/was located. I'm about to go knocking on some doors. :mad:

From Wikipedia:

"The station, which is owned by Wilks Broadcasting, played hard rock as "1071 The Big Wazoo", until Monday January 8th, 2007.

As of October 2006, CBS Radio has sold the station to Wilks Broadcast Group, LLC. The new company has yet to take over the facilities, but until then, they have taken over programming operations under an LMA.

On Monday, January 8, 2007, it seems that WAZU has been taken off the air as a hard rock station and now plays country, calling itself "WINK 107.1." Their official website listed below has also been removed, now showing up as a blank page. There was no known official statement or press release from WAZU of plans on changing formats either on air or on their website."

that blows.. so how much is sirius a month?

$12.95 a month but if you spend a lot of time in your car or want to hear howard at your desk at work, it is worth it. Bubba's show from 3-7 is pretty good, and Farrell's show on sports is growing on me. The comedy on sirius "raw dog" makes long trips seem to take a lot less time. My wife wants it now too in her car, so we are looking for another WRX 2007 Stock radio for her car.

almost all the channels you can listen to over the internet also.

From Wikipedia:

"The station, which is owned by Wilks Broadcasting, played hard rock as "1071 The Big Wazoo", until Monday January 8th, 2007.

As of October 2006, CBS Radio has sold the station to Wilks Broadcast Group, LLC. The new company has yet to take over the facilities, but until then, they have taken over programming operations under an LMA.

On Monday, January 8, 2007, it seems that WAZU has been taken off the air as a hard rock station and now plays country, calling itself "WINK 107.1." Their official website listed below has also been removed, now showing up as a blank page. There was no known official statement or press release from WAZU of plans on changing formats either on air or on their website."

I remember Grego on the Blitz mentioning this back when the station was sold last october, he said usually when a station is sold like that a format change is very likely.

I liked what the Wazu played and you'd think it would make good money since for the most part a machine does all the talking inbetween songs so I'd guess personnell would be to a minimum.

I like the Blitz, but we could really use another rock station in town.

That's not a bad price. iirc they have certain station packages you can get? Say I wanna listen to Howard but don't want it in a package with accordian music, can you mix and match?

No 12.95 is everything, an aditional subscription for another radio is 6.95 a month extra. 12.95 gets you all stations, there isn't a cheaper package unless you bill evey 3 months or pay it once a year. SO 12.95 gets you all stations on the radio and a internet login to listen on the net to the channels they offer on the net. Not all channels but most.

http://www.sirius.com

That's not a bad price. iirc they have certain station packages you can get? Say I wanna listen to Howard but don't want it in a package with accordian music, can you mix and match?

it's $12 dollars for every single channel. No package deals needed. I payed $600 for lifetime subscription.. it will begin paying for itself in 2.5 more years.

it's $12 dollars for every single channel. No package deals needed. I payed $600 for lifetime subscription.. it will begin paying for itself in 2.5 more years.

Just remember that is a subscription for the "Radio's" life, if it gets stolen or broke you have to get a second subscription for 6.95 a month to listen again. I called and checked before I payed that. It is kinda worded shady. I noticed the stand alone radios get pretty hot to the touch. But I have't heard of any breaking.