Good Gun Shops

BloodRed

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

care to go the the range and try mine and see if you still think there is a problem? i'll pay the range fee.

only if i can take my AR out, that's the only thing i can seem to shoot decently :D

I don't have a pistol, so looks like the AR is the only option at this point.

unless you have something i can use?

Reading comprehension owns you.....

deffinatly go to new albany and ask for greg leach. he knows his shit about any gun.

i like sig, the 239 is great for a 9mm, or a 2340 pro for a .40.

and ask greg to see the .223 pistol they make. he has one, i took it out for a spin a few months back. it is bad ass. and its legal for ccw :)

and ask greg to see the .223 pistol they make. he has one, i took it out for a spin a few months back. it is bad ass. and its legal for ccw :)

That's a Kel Tec, btw, looks like great fun at a good price.

As for the rest of this thread, holy fucking clusterfuck.

I own a subcompact Springer XD 9mm. I also happen to have a 1911 (.45, for those that don't know). I honestly can say that I am just as accurate with both guns, as in I can keep every shot in the center circle of a target without taking a lot of time between shots. The XD has a polymer frame, and a steel slide, so it's lighter than fully steel guns, but it's not stupid light, like Stillman's Taurus that I shot once, and didn't like. The 1911 is a fully steel gun, which helps to tame the felt recoil from the .45 rounds. The XD, only being in 9mm, honestly has a bit less felt recoil even though it weighs a lot less. I am able to shoot the XD a lot faster at the same accuracy as the 1911, because it is much easier to line up a followup shot. I love both the guns, and enjoy shooting them equally.

The weight of the gun only has an affect on felt recoil. Also, a gun is only as accurate as the person shooting it, unless the gun is an absolute piece of dog shit like a Jennings. Any major brand gun is going to be far more accurate than you are. Unless you are a an IDPA Champion, which no one on here is. That being said, go with what works for you. Everyone's hands are different, and different sizes and weights of guns work differently for different people. Some people would prefer a heavier gun to cut down on recoil, some people don't mind lots of recoil, or would prefer something more concealable and therefore smaller and lighter, or may go with a smaller caliber with a smaller gun, whatever. If you want a 9mm, you can really go with whatever size/weight gun you want because recoil won't be a big issue unless you are shooting a tiny little pocket gun, and those aren't good range guns anyway.

Spaceghost, as for the ported XD models, the porting allows the gases to expel out the top of the gun to help prevent muzzle flip. Useful on a .40, not at all necessary on any other XD model IMO, as the .40 has a lot more pressure behind it than a 9mm or .45 ACP. For some reason I'm thinking I've heard negative things about the ported models, but I don't remember what, feel free to search the forums at xdtalk.com

Lastly, I don't like Glocks. I don't like the grip angle, in order to line up the sights I feel that my wrists are at a very unnatural angle. I don't like the failure rates in the .40 models (google glock kaboom for more info). I don't like the single safety, and how many news stories I've read about cops and negligent discharges. And, I don't like how every retard that thinks they need a gat but don't care to research anything thinks that Glocks are the best thing ever because thats what Denzel carried in Training Day. I've heard some of the most inaccurate gun related information come from people that own Glocks and nothing else.

i have 600 rounds of 223 at my dispense. what range are we talking about? 40 is fine, since it's what the majority of my training is with.

i have keys to a range in grove city. the 223 needs to be frangable, FMJ will go threw the 3/4 inch steel traps. you might be able to trade it for frangable. since its lead free range everything needs to be frangable now.

it's not. it's jacketed. you can come down to lancaster and we can shoot at OVO. range fee is only 10 bucks. i have plenty of ammo.

wow thats 2 miles from my house. I wish I could shot a M1 over there. My brother just brough back his guns and I want to shoot the hell out of it.

glocks are great guns. I would recommend you rent to see what you like. I bought my HK cause of looks but it isnt to bad. I bought my sig for looks too. Both alright guns. Most accurate gun I have shot thought was a competition STI. nothing like it. :D

Ohh and I have a savage .223 bolt action that I wouldnt mind shooting against you with. :). Hell if you want I can rent one of there JAM magnets AR's and shoot against you. :D

Hell im going there saturday now just to waste money and shot.

it's 2 miles from my house too.. haha, yeah there guns are the suck. i rented their ar before i bought mine and it was ridiculous. bring your H&K. i wouldnt mind shooting it.

EDIT to add you can shoot your M1 there. OVO's website said it can support up to 300 WSM...so bring what you have and shoot it up!

-1 for XD as well. Ive shot a few of them and havent liked them at all. Just the feeling for me is wierd, and I think it even looks wierd too.

The only reason I have a glock is for off duty carry, I have a G27 (baby 40cal). I prefer my sig over anything Ive ever shot before. They just fit my hands perfectly and just look and feel... quality. But thats my opinion! Glocks are nice I wont knock them, H&Ks are nice as well. Ive shot a few different Smiths before and didnt care too much for them either. I have yet to shoot the new M&P though which could deffinately be my next new handgun. All this gun talk makes me want to go to the range again heh

Wow this thread has went no where since I started it. Ok I have shot many guns and already have some in mind of what I am looking for. So I don't need to rent and shoot any more. I just wanted the name of some of the places that sell guns so I can find out who can give me a good deal. Honestly the gun I want is the Desert Eagle Baby 9mm. I have rented this gun many times and I am pretty sure that is what I am going to get. It is just finding a good deal on the gun. But I am also open to some other guns as well. The Glock is complete out. I have shot many models of them and just don't like them at all. I think they are a little over rated, but that is just me. I am also looking at some S&W guns as well. They are a lot cheaper than the Desert Eagle and the ones I have shot, shoot just as nice. And again thanks for the Vance's recommendation, they seem to have some good deals on the guns I am looking at and I am heading over this weekend.

It may be a drive for you but fin-fur-feather above Mansfield has great prices!

I've found Sportsmen's Den(in Shelby) to have lower prices on a lot of firearms. Their ammo is a bit more expensive but that's why you got to Fin.

Shelby will be a drive for ya but the prices are good and the staff isn't paid on commision.

As far as porting on a pistol goes. My CC gun is a 3" .44, I had it ported a couple months ago and it helped quite a bit.

That's a Kel Tec, btw, looks like great fun at a good price.

As for the rest of this thread, holy fucking clusterfuck.

I own a subcompact Springer XD 9mm. I also happen to have a 1911 (.45, for those that don't know). I honestly can say that I am just as accurate with both guns, as in I can keep every shot in the center circle of a target without taking a lot of time between shots. The XD has a polymer frame, and a steel slide, so it's lighter than fully steel guns, but it's not stupid light, like Stillman's Taurus that I shot once, and didn't like. The 1911 is a fully steel gun, which helps to tame the felt recoil from the .45 rounds. The XD, only being in 9mm, honestly has a bit less felt recoil even though it weighs a lot less. I am able to shoot the XD a lot faster at the same accuracy as the 1911, because it is much easier to line up a followup shot. I love both the guns, and enjoy shooting them equally.

The weight of the gun only has an affect on felt recoil. Also, a gun is only as accurate as the person shooting it, unless the gun is an absolute piece of dog shit like a Jennings. Any major brand gun is going to be far more accurate than you are. Unless you are a an IDPA Champion, which no one on here is. That being said, go with what works for you. Everyone's hands are different, and different sizes and weights of guns work differently for different people. Some people would prefer a heavier gun to cut down on recoil, some people don't mind lots of recoil, or would prefer something more concealable and therefore smaller and lighter, or may go with a smaller caliber with a smaller gun, whatever. If you want a 9mm, you can really go with whatever size/weight gun you want because recoil won't be a big issue unless you are shooting a tiny little pocket gun, and those aren't good range guns anyway.

Spaceghost, as for the ported XD models, the porting allows the gases to expel out the top of the gun to help prevent muzzle flip. Useful on a .40, not at all necessary on any other XD model IMO, as the .40 has a lot more pressure behind it than a 9mm or .45 ACP. For some reason I'm thinking I've heard negative things about the ported models, but I don't remember what, feel free to search the forums at xdtalk.com

Lastly, I don't like Glocks. I don't like the grip angle, in order to line up the sights I feel that my wrists are at a very unnatural angle. I don't like the failure rates in the .40 models (google glock kaboom for more info). I don't like the single safety, and how many news stories I've read about cops and negligent discharges. And, I don't like how every retard that thinks they need a gat but don't care to research anything thinks that Glocks are the best thing ever because thats what Denzel carried in Training Day. I've heard some of the most inaccurate gun related information come from people that own Glocks and nothing else.

You should save this in a text file so you can copy and paste the next time this thread starts. Its been the best advice yet.

Try Vances very knowledgeable and prices are good. Not to mention they usually have 6 months same as cash, kind of helpfull if you are buying an expensive gun such as the desert eagle. If you wait till right before deer season vances does 1 year same as cash. I prefer to buy then but I usually buy 2-3 guns at a time. Kind of saves on the wallet and no interest.

Buy the gun that feels the best for you and that you like. I used to carry the S&W 4506 steel frame its a fucking cannon, weighs a ton too. We now carry the S&W M&P 40 lighter and more compact, however no thumb safety the only negative to me, but it carries 15 + 1. I now have 46 rounds at my disposal versus the old 25 rounds. The S&W CS9 is a nice compact 9mm shoots awsome and is ligth weight. By the way I'm a S&W fan but most guns are good and some are better and some are worse just depends on what you like.

To me the steel frames and the new polimer frames are just as good it just depends on what you like and want. I like the new S&W M&P 40 because it is lighter for me to carry for 12 housr a day.

Good luck and happy gun buying let us kow what you get!!

Well I want to thank all of you that suggested Vance's. I went in on Friday night. It was the first gun shop I have been to that you had to take a number to be served. But anyways, when it was my turn the guy I worked with was very helpful and very knowledgabe. It was very nice for my wife, the guy spent a lot of time talking to her about the gun. He even suggested some nice guns for her that she would be a little more comfortable with. Anyway, I ended up with a S&W Sigma 9mm, model SW9VE. I was able to take it out to the range on Sunday and fell in love with it after its first 16 round high capacity clip. LOL Here is a photo of it.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/BloodRedStratus/100_3701.jpg

I was able to take it out to the range on Sunday and fell in love with it after its first 16 round high capacity clip.

magazine, high capacity magazine. a clip is a machine gun ammo holder or as in the case of the M1 Gerand a clip. if you shoot someone if your sued and you say clip they will have a field day with you. call a lawer and ask them about it.

Vance Shooter Supply, about 1 mile south of Morse on Cleveland Ave.

My uncle Greg works at Vances. im not sure if he's back or not yet he took some time off due to a heark attack last year. but if you decide to check vances out let me know ill see if hes working and he'll hook you up.