FS: 1994 Eagle Talon TSI

ttemper

Car has a 6 bolt,

Car is completely STOCK

All gaskets and belts changed roughly 30k miles ago.

The compression was 140 on all 4 cyl when i bought it

Still should have the same, car runs great.

Only problems i've encountered is the ECU went out 2 summers ago and was replaced by a refurbished ebay ECU from motoguysgarage.

2 new front tires about 3k miles ago.

rear tires could be changed.

The good: car runs great and is fun to drive. The only reason i'm looking to sell is because i want something easier on gas. (AAAAND it's paid off, finally!)

The bad: car doesnt have AC, but if you're looking for a race car, this wouldnt matter much. The front 2 fenders are primered black(same color as car) and the front bumper is primered black. The hood has a dent on the front right corner of it. The breaks also squeal majorly when driving in reverse, and when it's wet outside. The car stops fine, so i'm not sure why it has this problem. From what i've been told by others, this is common with DSMS.

The E-brake cable snapped, which is a cheap and easy fix compared to most repairs for a DSM. Can send pics upon request. Just PM me.

Asking 1400 OBO for a perfectly running car!

Good question. the guy i bought the car swapped it. i confirmed it was a 6 bolt via vfaq.com. not sure why it was put in.

The engine was on a stand the first time i saw the car.

To my knowledge the title had 94k miles on it, but the original dash isnt in the car. i've put almost 30k in the 2 years i've had it. not sure of mileage on the 6 bolt.

why would the e-brake cable snapping help in determing the transmission in the car? I dont get it

Maybe because people are more inclined to use the ebrake on a manual car rather than an auto, but i digress, the relation is not quick.

i believe...dont quote me...but the 94's had the seven bolt fly . the seven bolts are notorious for crank walk(which prolly happened to this car)....that is why it was probably performed. what type of gas mileage are you getting?should be pretty good as long as you stay out of the boost?

i believe...dont quote me...but the 94's had the seven bolt fly . the seven bolts are notorious for crank walk...

No. The seven bolt's in the 2nd gen's are prone to crank walk. The 7 bolts in the 1st gen are not known to be any more (or less) prone to crank walk than the 6 bolts (I'm saying prone because any engine can, theoretically, crank walk). The crank walk has nothing to do with it being a 7 bolt.

No. The seven bolt's in the 2nd gen's are prone to crank walk. The 7 bolts in the 1st gen are not known to be any more (or less) prone to crank walk than the 6 bolts (I'm saying prone because any engine can, theoretically, crank walk). The crank walk has nothing to do with it being a 7 bolt.

Precisely Watson! Very good.