Wow.... snow....?

dragknee66

Oh wow the snow brought in alot of winter racers. Hehe glad you guys are enjoying the snow, but don't talk to much crap about how good your pavement pounders go in it. Might have to back it and we don't want that. I race no one until we get 2 feet:-)

Evan

Me vs. you in your Toyota anytime!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WAAAAAY too many light poles/islands...the lot at my work is probably a good 4 acres...at least, and maybe 5 light poles

E 5th ave offices lots > *

I didn't mind, I was doing slalom around the light poles!! Cooper Stadium is a great place to do it but the police are down there frequently.

My roomate and another buddy woke me and the g/f up yesterday by starting my Raptor and tearing up the back yard. :) We got up, did a little riding in the neighborhood.

Tossed it on the back of the Avalanche, took it to a public park, and what I'm guessing is quite illegal, did a bunch of snow tubing behind it.

Sadly, the tires on that thing aren't the best suited for snow, and trying to pull two 200+ guys on tubes = major tire spinning. Power was way more than there, traction...not so much. Also did some donuts, started teaching my g/f how to ride it, and had a ton of fun out there.

A fart-can equipped RSX and Civic came to the parking lot to do, well, FWD burnouts is all they really got done, and hitting the E-brake. They were there a while too; it looked pretty lame to me, but whatever floats their boat I guess.

My roomate and another buddy woke me and the g/f up yesterday by starting my Raptor and tearing up the back yard. :) We got up, did a little riding in the neighborhood.

Tossed it on the back of the Avalanche, took it to a public park, and what I'm guessing is quite illegal, did a bunch of snow tubing behind it.

Sadly, the tires on that thing aren't the best suited for snow, and trying to pull two 200+ guys on tubes = major tire spinning. Power was way more than there, traction...not so much. Also did some donuts, started teaching my g/f how to ride it, and had a ton of fun out there.

A fart-can equipped RSX and Civic came to the parking lot to do, well, FWD burnouts is all they really got done, and hitting the E-brake. They were there a while too; it looked pretty lame to me, but whatever floats their boat I guess.

Sounds like y'all had fun...I stayed away from it.

gotta say I normally hate Traction Control and Stabilitrak, but in this stuff, they are a dream. nothing is fool-proof, but I can take her into a nice S curve and get her to under steer...and yes, given the offset tires and what not, she will over steer if I throw her around...but stabilitrak does all the braking for me and keeps the car pointed in the direction I want to go. can't stop the laws of physics of course, but I proceed with caution :D about as good as it gets in a FWD'er.

werd... I'm really surprised at how well these cars handle in the snow.

If I could justify the money, I'd buy some nice 17's mount some Blizzarks on them and suite her up appropriately for winter...these wide ass tires on the GXP float over the snow and slush....It would suck without all the safety stuff.

255/45-18 fronts, 225/50-18 rear Bridgestone Potenzas are a lot of meat to be pushing around in slop. They are supposedly of a TPC Spec for all season use, but the tread pattern is still predominantly summer/rain.

weird... I'm really surprised at how well these cars handle in the snow.

Thank God it finaly snowed. It was blast to drive in the snow for the first time this year in my supra. No traction in any gear at any speed is a lot of fun. And to top it off i went snowboarding while it was snowing.