Get off the Busas nuts.

Crash1647545504

Joe, Handle my light work.

Gladly! :thumbup:

copied and pasted from another forum:

First off let me tell you the weather sucked, high 70s, muggy , sticky and overcast all day ... Good news was the track was hooking hard !!!!! Bad news is i hit the rev limiter on the 1 to 2 shift every pass.. With the flys out you go though first gear real fast!!

First run off the trailer ..Hit the rev limit on the one two shift..

1/8........5.82 @125.38

1/4........8.98 @ 153.88

Second run i almost got the gaurd rail .. and had to let off ...

9.06 @ 151.03

Third run....Hit the rev limiter again on the one two shift ..

1/8......5.79 @ 125.08

1/4 ...8.95 @ 153.60

Forth and last pass and i hit the friggin limiter again on the one two shift....

9.00 @ 152.67

I feel with some more seat time and not hitting the rev limiter it will go 8.80s... It hard to get the hang of a new set up when you only get 4 friggen runs in 5 hours.....

The good news is i got my 8 second pass and i did it with a stock motor ZX14 with bolts ons AND running 89 pump gas .....If some told me 5 years ago that kawi was going to build an 8 second bike with just bolt ons i would have called them crazy .... Smokin .....

Vehicle = 2006 Zx14 piped , P/C, strapped and lowered, 89 octane pump gas. 8.95@153.60

Pipe = Brocks Street Megaphone $1045.00 and comes with proper Ign/Fuel maps.

P/C = Dynojet Power Commander. $300.00

Front end strap kit = $21.95

Lowering Links = $69.95

Brock still had the flies in his when it ran 9.1 ;)

You might want to check is MODS on that bike. If those times are the person I think it is, HE IS STRETCHED 5"s over. Shit a BUSA will run 8's with that wheel base.... :rolleyes:

Brock's bike went 9.0-9.1's WITH OUT the flies AND your rider still has the flies!?!? :confused: Not to mention it wasn't even Brock riding it for those times. Shine, Chip Ellis and several other PRO's (120-150lbs.) have ridden it NOT YET breaking into the 8's with MORE MODS than your dream bike has. So you want me to believe that some back water unknown rider is running QUICKER with LESS mods than several PRO's, I find that VERY HARD TO BELIEVE!!! :rolleyes:

Dude, I dont care. When Brock's 14 was 9.2/9.1 with Shine riding it had these mods

Current NON-STOCK aftermarket Bolt-on additions include:

Brock’s Performance (by Hindle) StreetSmart Exhaust System.

Brock’s modified 2004 ZX-10 Power Commander PC3usb with matching map.

Front forks lowered 1.25 inches in the stock clamps.

Brock’s Complete Radial Caliper Front End Lowering Kit.

Adjustable rear lowering links.

Brock’s Performance (by Spiegler, USA) brake line kit.

EK530DR2 non o-ring chain. (Stock front and rear sprockets--still!)

VP MR9 race fuel.

Alisyn Pro Drive 21 Oil <<0W.

(<<0W means less than zero weight for race track use ONLY!)

World Wide Bearings ceramic wheel bearing kit.

However, at Memphis where Shine rode it the only change was exhaust where they instlled the Street Megaphone system as seen here. " decide to install our Street Megaphone System for the Memphis tests because I now realize that I can use all the HP I can get! I also test some more prototype parts for street riders who care more about lower RPM HP. Personally, I think they are nuts! One tooth added to the rear sprocket will help torque more than anything I can do with a pipe, but when the customers ask...

Since the weather report for Memphis is forecasting WORSE conditions than here in Ohio, I decide to produce a ‘Hot Weather Street Megaphone Base Map’ for the trip. I am also curious about a same day apples to apples test with the Street Meg vs. the Gen 3 to reproduce the results we saw at Hindle."

The bike also went 9.0 on that setup later on at the same track.

Brock did not remove the butterflies until later on, and I do not think he has been to the track with it with that setup.

Now, I dont know if the run I quoted was with an extended swingarm or not, he says no and his mods posted with the time slip says no but we all know how the internet is...

What I do know is that most all of the AVERGE skill level riders with a pipe, power commander, flies removed, stock wheel base, strapped and lowered are 9.2-9.5 and trapping around 148-156mph. I am wondering what a PRO rider would do in the same situation. I know Gadson has been 8s already with a flies removed 14, but I believe its been stretched.

I know the Busa is fast, I am not saying the 14 is God's gift. I am simply restating what others are running for shits and giggles. In all actuality, I just love stiring the shit pot! :) Busa guys seem to hate the 14. I wonder why? Lots of Busa guys are members on zx14.net and love both bikes.

I'm talking about current mods on Brock's bike and what he's tested. I know him personally and live right down the road from him.

Read all the diary for yourself. Specific artical with butterflies removed---> http://www.brocksperformance.com/lowend.htm

Later testing with another PRO-rider---> http://www.dragbike.com/dbnews/anmviewer.asp?a=2649&z=2

Don't get me wrong the bike is quick with the basic bolt-ons but lets not get retarded with claims. That is afterall what the thread was started about in the first place. PEOPLE MAKING FALSE CLAIMS ABOUT SHIT!!!

You even said so yourself! 9.2-9.5 is what average guys are running on STOCK WHEELBASE AND 9.0's for the PRO's! I'm sure they will pull 8's in PERFECT conditions but to post up like it's an EVERYDAY thing that ANYONE can do is just FOOLISH. You are talking about 1% of 14 owners right now....

I am personally glad Kawasaki finally stepped it up. That just means the next BUSA will be that much BETTER..... :D

I would rock a 14 before rocking a turd looking Busa. The 07 Limited is sweet! I want one.

http://www.kawasaki.com/ImagesMain/Products/Action/203_ZX1400A7F_40119_R.scale.jpg

:barf: :barf::barf:

You even think the "K-FED Edition" looks hot......

:lol: .... :lol: .... :lol: .... :lol: .... :lol:

P.S....that turd is more aerodynamice AND will go faster with less power.... :D