winter overhaul

velnarah

since the crash my notes and threads being lost, I didn't retain the contact info of some people. edit.. nevermind I found him.

still trying to figure out what to do with my bike if I'm just gonna try to store it up for now or try to get any work done before the first snow.

....sadly I doubt I'l be able to do as much as I wanted to at least not right away. Might be more able to half way through winter but if I need to move the bike it would have to be trailored. I don't have any winter gear.

Edited by velnarah

being an old bike it needs some TLC. Aside from routine maintenance and any necessary repairs, I want to clean it up and customize it. stop the rust that's starting, replace what needs replacing, repair what needs repairing, strip and repaint the rims, plastics and tank. And see if any kind of windsheild or body plastics are available that wont look completely stupid.

I have no idea what kinds of modifications or upgrades could be made to the bike but I'd be interested in checking that out.

I'm dreaming really I'd be very lucky if I could do everything I want to do to the bike this winter. With the right help it could happen tho.

Yeah thats alot to accomplish.

Just plan it out part by part so you dont start too many things and get over whelmed.

Start with what you think is more important. like the rust and/or anything safety or mechanically in need of repair.

If you need help with something, post it up, most of these folks are more than willing to give a good answer.