Moving trucks

thorne

I'm moving next friday, I'm trying to figure out where to rent a truck from. Last time i got a uhaul the tranny asploded.

I've got a 2 bedroom townhouse right now with basement.

Also Free beer and pizza for anyone who wants to lift boxes into a truck and such.

Yeah, Jesus, worst month or two to move (jan-feb). We moved at the beginning of November and I was a little worried. We had a perfect weekend though. I'll never move in the winter given a choice.

I can't remember where we rented it from. Ben took care of all of that. Maybe he will chime in. It was kind of a mom-and-pop place that rented Budget I think. They were great to us. The only problem is, it is on the Westside and IIRC you're out east.

im west tm. I was looking at the place on sullivant. I was not sure if anyone had experiance with them. It looks like that is who i will go with then.

Yeah it is the worst month but when i moved in orginaly it was the worst month :)...

I got a nice place in worthington though So I'm pleased.

I know when I moved last February (much warmer), I got a 26' truck from budget. They were the best priced company I found. Most of the places the rental is the same price for the trucks, but what they charge for the milage varies a lot. I think Uhaul was like $0.99/mile while Budget was $0.59/mile. I was moving from Johnstown to Worthington, so milage was important for me. I think one days rental and milage I spent $70, plus maybe $25 in the tank to fill it back up.

yeah why are you afraid of driving a 26" truck? LOL

I guess it didn't scare me to much to drive that big of a truck. I grew up in the country and worked on my grandparents farm, so I am use to driving big grain trucks and stuff. Plus it only took one load of stuff and we got it all over to the new place. We had all that from our large 2 bedroom apartment with garage.

you can try the storage place by the rr tracks on Rome-Hilliard across from Alro Steel. Also check with Penske at 270 and Roberts. Bad thing about u-haul is the in town trucks are the shitty ones and the one way they always give you the good ones..Penske trucks are all the same(used to work for them). I agree, the mileage can make or break the deal.

Bad thing about u-haul is the in town trucks are the shitty ones and the one way they always give you the good ones.

True. The company I work for also rents Uhaul trucks, and I wouldn't rent from them for the life of me. They NEVER keep up on truck maintenence. Never.

I'd go with anyone but Uhaul. Current prices are 29.95/17' truck/day (which for us is an 8hour rental) and then your mileage rate. .59/mile Monday - Thrusday. .89/mile Friday - Sun. 39.95/24-26' truck/day. Mileage is the same.

I reserved a moving truck from Uhaul about four years ago when I moved to Mt. Vernon. I went to pick it up and they said we dont have a truck right now for you. I ask the guy when the truck will be ready, he say "I promise you I will get you a truck it, go home I and I will call you when it is ready". He said it might be up to two days. Good thing I had a backup with Penske in Hilliard.

I HATE UHAUL... the trucks break down, and they never have the truck you reserve when they say they will.

Uhaul Sucks

Budget truck rental. Call the main number and they will reserve a truck at a location near you. The trucks are much newer, and the price is the same as UHAUL. When we moved to KY about 7 years ago you used a UHAUL truck broke down as it was a much piece of shit. They sent someone out after a few hours of waiting on the side of the road. Their trucks are the biggest pieces of crap, and I will never use UHAUL again.