"spring release"

undr_psi

umm you can see the difference in a tall deck sbc with a raised cam.so i dont think its a 400 plus ci motor.

Well you only need to go raised deck if you go abouve a 3.75 stroke, you could still make a 409 out of it assuming you had a block that could take a 4.165 bore.

Dude, what most people call a "355" IS a 350 block. There are countless combinations of bores, strokes, machining, parts etc. to turn ANY SBC into almost ANY cubic inch.

Some of my best times spent in garages have benn showing "know-it-all" ricers my stock 283 small block. Funny thing is that over the years, that 283 has been everything from a 307 to something north of 390ci. :)

My only point was that the "big secret" engine could be anything from a 13,000 rpm destroked screamer, to a 454ci and above. However, my guess is a steel-headed, street-cammed, 10:1 355. Guess we'll find out in the spring. :)

I sure hope youre not calling me a "know it all ricer"... because you are sorrily mistaken sir. I call a 355 a remaned 350... so MY point, was why use an all ready molested block, when a new unmoddified 350 block would be the better way to start. I guess thats the plauge of the internet... you cant read tone or context.

the only thing i can really say is the engine was rebuilt after coming apart at aprox 9800 rpm...take it how you will...;)

"Now Cole, when you shift the gear, and the little needle on the tach goes into the red and reads, '9000 rpms', thats bad..."

"Now Cole, when you shift the gear, and the little needle on the tach goes into the red and reads, '9000 rpms', thats bad..."

Days of Thunder wow what a movie lol you are now gonna make me get it out and watch it lol

best quote "you guys looked like a monkey fucking a football out there" haha