Best of the Movies

SPLN SUX

I was talking to one of my drivers the other day and we got into a conversation about actors and who we think are really good and who are terrible so on and so forth. Then we got into how do classify an actor as a good one. We agreed that the best actors, have the best movie monolouges, not just in the content, but the ability for you to instantly remember the scene no matter how long ago it was that you saw it. My personal opinion, the 5 best are:

1. Robert Shaw - Jaws - USS Indianapolis story

2. Hugo Weaving - The Matrix (Reloaded)(Revolutions)

3. Kevin Costner - JFK - courtroom

4. Tom Hanks - Saving Private Ryan - "Im a school teacher"

5. Jack Nicholason - A Few Good Men - "You can't handel the truth!"

1. Shawshank Redemption - Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman "Everyones innocent in here"

2. Green Mile - Tom Hanks, David Morse, and Michael Clarke Duncan - the whole movie is amazing

3. Forest Gump- Tom Hanks "Momma Said"

4. Walk the Line - Joaqin Phoenix - Amazing singer

5. Pursuit of Happyness - Will Smith - truly showed he has matured since his Fresh Prince days, my favorite movie of the year by farrr.

Good-

Kevin Spacey: All the time. (emphasis on american beauty)

Morgan Freeman: All the time. (emphasis on 1991-1995)

Matt Damon: Good Will Hunting, Rounders

A good monologue does not a good actor make. It's the actor's ability to sell you on the roll and make you believe that he/she is not the character you last associed him/her with. I could go indie on you bitches but you couldnt handle it.

1. Robbins and Freeman in Shawshank.

2. Too many actors to mention but Goodfellas, was chock full of memorable lines and acting.

3. Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation, anytime Clark Griswald gets annoyed it's bound to be memorable.

Alan Ford - Bricktop Polford / Snatch (In the quiet words of the virgin mary; Come again? All his lines)

Rutger Hauer - Roy Batty / Bladerunner (I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...)

Brad Pitt - Mickey / Snatch and Tylyer durden / Fight Club

Samuel L Jackson - Jules Winnfield / Pulp Fiction

In terms of shear memorability:

Vin Diesel - Fast and the Furious #1

David Kerodine - Deathrace 2000 (HAND grenade, get it!?)

Gary Oldman, hands down. His character in True Romance was played perfectly. Everything he is in is great, if only because he is in it.

Plus the million. True Romance is one of my favorites - and I remember after seeing the credits, I was like, "Gary Oldman was in this movie? Where?" That's how great of an actor he is - I had no idea the white trash/reggae thug guy was him.

On the topic of monologues, one that comes to mind is Alec Baldwin's monologue in Malice - the one where he's the surgeon and he's in the deposition and ends his monologue with something to the effect of, "So, you ask me if I have a God Complex? Let me tell you something - I am God."

"So, you ask me if I have a God Complex? Let me tell you something - I am God."

You shortened it, makes a bit less sense.

So I ask you; when someone goes into that chapel and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that their wife doesn't miscarry or that their daughter doesn't bleed to death or that their mother doesn't suffer acute neural trama from postoperative shock, who do you think they're praying to? Now, go ahead and read your Bible, _Dennis_, and you go to your church, and, with any luck, you might win the annual raffle, but if you're looking for God, he was in operating room number two on November 17, and he doesn't like to be second guessed. You ask me if I have a God complex. Let me tell you something: I am God.

Ask God how many shots of bourbon he had before he cut me open.

Also a good one:

I'm the new guy around here and I want to make friends, so I'll say this to you and we'll start fresh. If you don't like my jokes, don't laugh. If you have a medical opinion, then please speak up and speak up loud. But if you ever again tell me or my surgical staff that we're going to lose a patient, I'm gonna take out your lungs with a fucking ice cream scoop. Do you understand me?

And plus alot on Gary Oldman, I don't recall ever seeing him in a bad role.

A lot of the actors/performances I would have mentioned, have been, so I will go with some others that are great:

Daniel Day-Lewis: Bill "The Butcher" Cutting - Gangs of New York

Christian Bale: Patrick Bateman - American Psycho

Edward Norton: Derek Vinyard - American History X, and pretty much everything else he's in.

Scott

Peace

Christopher Walken - Pulp Fiction

abbreviated:

" This watch. This watch was on your Daddy's wrist when he was

shot down over Hanoi. He was captured and put in a Vietnamese

prison camp. Now he knew if the gooks ever saw the watch it's be

confiscated. The way your Daddy looked at it, that watch was your

birthright. And he'd be damned if and slopeheads were gonna put their

greasy yella hands on his boy's birthright. So he hid it in the

one place he knew he could hide somethin'. His ass. Five long

years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then when he died of