Snow Level Warnings

Buck531

I was on 270 from 6:40 to ~7:20am. Freeways were a mess. FAR from clear (IE, SEVERAL inches still on the roads in some areas, bu all areas covered.) But, I had fun. I was laughing watching an unloaded Semi try to pass a slower moving car. It didn't work out well for him. All 6 wheels were all over the place.

Freeway was not clear at 7am this mornimg, traffic was doing 15-20 mph. It is only going to get worse because the plows will never keep up. If it is a level 3 I will still be out, I run my wifes friends who are RNs to the hospital so they can be at work.

Do they pay you for that?

If it is a level 3 I will still be out, I run my wifes friends who are RNs to the hospital so they can be at work.

Let me know if you need help. PM me if you don't have my number. I have my emergency personnel card and a 4wd Jeep.

I'm at my office, but we are closed till 3pm. Re-evaluating the weather to see if we might just close completely before then. I'll be at Mad River Mountain for 6PM, anyone interested?

I would go tonight if UPS shuts down.........but there's no way that's going to happen. The only reason we will get out of work is if it is a Level 3 and I dont see that happening. Also, at that point I wouldn't be driving to MRM in level 3

yeah about two or three years ago i went during a level three, people werent even supposed to be on the roads but when we got up there it was only a level two. We would of never made it home if we wouldnt of taken my buddies wrangler, that thing was sick in the snow. The road were scattered on both side with cars that just couldnt go any longer and cars that lost control. It was definatly one of the sweetest night for snowboarding at mad river.

yeah about two or three years ago i went during a level three, people werent even supposed to be on the roads but when we got up there it was only a level two. We would of never made it home if we wouldnt of taken my buddies wrangler, that thing was sick in the snow. The road were scattered on both side with cars that just couldnt go any longer and cars that lost control. It was definatly one of the sweetest night for snowboarding at mad river.

That's what I'm most worried about..... I don't know how well my Grand Prix will do in that much of snow. I'm a good driver in the snow and all, but you can only do as well as your vehicle will let you.

AWD, or stay home is my opinion. It is not easy driving out there, even with AWD. I'm looking to leave Columbus around 4 to get there for 6 and hopefully be early. I have no problem driving slow. I have the camera mounted in the car and will post if I get good vid.