Flying under the current weather conditions

Akula

Left my house in Hilliard at 630 for the 9 am flight. Crawled at about 35 (nice and safe really need to make this flight) all the way to the airport. The roads in Hilliard sucked but the freeway was good and the ramps off of 670 scared me except Stelzer. Parked at the $15/day long-term (reimbersed) and ran into the airport.

Westbound flights had no first-class checkin so I had to wait for quite a while in line. skated thru security in the first class lane and waited for the flight to board. Boarded ontime and we pushed back exactly ontime. Then it happened.

Lane Aviation's deicing truck broke down. So we waited 2 hours on the deicing paddock until we got all deiced and we took off for Vegas. the flight was pretty good but I missed my connection.

All in all, not a totally tragic story, the airlines seemed to muddle thru with personnel issues and they had new tickets waiting for me when I stepped off of the plane.

Yeah it sucks. I was stuck in Denver airport this winter. I was there from Wednesday at 7 am to Friday at like 6pm. Then I finally got a flight to Houston and stayed the night there. Finally got home Saturday at like 6 pm. Worst 4 days of my life. It doesnt help that my friend had a flight that was 10 min after mine and his didnt get canceled. American Airlines ftl.

Atleast you didn't have to deal with O'Hare in Chicago. It was in the middle of the spring when I landed there and I watched another plane ready for takeoff almost t-bone us. The next day I find out there was investigation started because of how many accidents occur there,