Toyota People i need help

Janszen

I am looking to sell my 97 celica to a friend but hes going to buy it for 10000 and im going to put 3sge motor in it. Right now my car has 136000, but he wants a lower mileage car. So my question is will the 3sge fit into the celica. I know the GT-4 has the same body style and thats the motor thats in it so i think it should work. If not any other comparable motors?

yea yea yea but i don't want to do alot of fabercation

Then sell your car to someone else.

If your friend wants a lower mileage'ed car then tell him to buy another car. It will be much easier and faster if you just get rid of it than putting all that time and effort into something your just going to sell anyway.

yeah i know that but the suspension is in good shape the motor just has problems with it and its slow as dirt a 3sgte will put out a hell lot more power..... and i know your doing an engine swap on your car to arnt you.. im gonna be there helping you and sean. did you fine the motor you want yet?

yeah i know that but the suspension is in good shape the motor just has problems with it and its slow as dirt a 3sgte will put out a hell lot more power..... and i know your doing an engine swap on your car to arnt you.. im gonna be there helping you and sean. did you fine the motor you want yet?

thats a surprise to everyone on here, don't give it away yet ;)

Why would you want to put a 3sge in the car? Obviously you mean a 3sgte. Yes, the motorset would fit in your car, with a lot wiring and work. Work that you do not seem capable of. Even a 3sgte in a '97 Celica isn't worth $10g's. A '97 Celica with 130k on it is work ~$5000.

No it won't.

How in the world do you figure that a 3sgte motor will not put out more power than a stock 1.8L 7AFE? Yes it is still to the front wheels and may not put it down well, but it will still put down a lot more than the 1.8. If you still disagree then drive the cars for yourself.

sean

How in the world do you figure that a 3sgte motor will not put out more power than a stock 1.8L 7AFE? Yes it is still to the front wheels and may not put it down well, but it will still put down a lot more than the 1.8. If you still disagree then drive the cars for yourself.

Well it really depends on what generation 3SGTE you are speaking. Either way, it's not going to be a "hell of a lot." You're probably gaining 50-60hp (average of all 3sgte's) to the wheels in a car that will weigh around 3000. Which means you'll be a mid 14 second car. Woopy de doo.

It won't happen anyhow, I will say that it won't be done. If you do it then good for you, but I'm saying it's just day dreaming.

Well it really depends on what generation 3SGTE you are speaking. Either way, it's not going to be a "hell of a lot." You're probably gaining 50-60hp (average of all 3sgte's) to the wheels in a car that will weigh around 3000. Which means you'll be a mid 14 second car. Woopy de doo.

It won't happen anyhow, I will say that it won't be done. If you do it then good for you, but I'm saying it's just day dreaming.

Well for some people that don't have a shit ton of money and don't have mom and dad paying for us 50-60hp is welcome. Heck, i would do an engine swap just for the experience even if it is 50-60hp the experience you get from doing somthing yourself is priceless to some people. A 3sge motor from a 1995 mr2 can dyno 195hp. I have not looked at a dyno sheet from a stock 3sgte on the other hand.

As for day dreaming, that is what begins the motivation to get off our butt and do somthing. It takes some thought to come up with somthing unique.

Thanks for your comment that is completely directing this post away from a good question that was asked in the first place. This is the problem with this board, people get to up in arms and go way off topic over, well......nothing.