Verizon...

El Karacho1647545492

Alright, I know there's at least one person here who works for Verizon and since DJ doesn't anymore, I didn't know who to ask. Here's my problem:

I have a Motorola e815 and I absolutely love this phone, I don't care how bulky or busted up it is. That said, I'm kinda annoyed that this phone scratches itself, and I HATE phone covers so that's not really an option. I'm in the habit of keeping my phones in pristine condition as much as possible. In my 5 years of owning a cell phone, out of 3 phone's I've owned, I only dropped one of them once. This thing is beating itself to hell. So I kinda want a new phone, but I'm not available for an upgrade. Oh well, at least I'm still under warranty for this one (<one year since I got it)

Anyways, as much as I love this phone, it has begun to piss me off. At least 5 times a day, when I go to send or recieve a text message, the screen freezes for about 30 seconds, then goes blank, restarts (quickly) and says "No Service" then immediately goes back to the home screen. Its really starting to piss me off, and it shouldn't be doing this.

Also, I have two batteries. The normal 1030 mAh battery and the extended 1500 mAh battery. And neither of them will charge normally. I think it has to do with the contact points on the phone, but if I don't put the charger thing in at just the right angle, the phone shuts off.

So I went into Verizon today and they don't have a phone available to give me as a warranty replacement, which makes sense since this phone is no longer produced and hasn't been for several months. If one shouldn't turn up, am I going to get a credit to buy another phone for a similar price?

I have the same phone, and I as well really enjoy it. The charger method for this phone and my previous motorola sucks. It is the worse thing about this phone but I have learned to be gentle with it and after 1.7 yrs still charges great.

good luck, you may have to just pay up and get a new phone, try ebay or amazon, i swear i've seen e815's for sale there.

Im not sure of the exact model you have but since I've been with verizon I've only had Motorola phones and any/all complaint's I have ever had with verizon were b/c of their phones. Motorola phones just suck, I have friends with LG's that last forever but there always some weird software problem that occurs with motorolas that make them act weird. I turned in my first motorola 3 times WITHIN warranty b/c of random shit that would happen.

Just tonight i had to go into verizon to get a replacement for my Q b/c it would call and text people at random. It was all screwy.

Im not sure of the exact model you have but since I've been with verizon I've only had Motorola phones and any/all complaint's I have ever had with verizon were b/c of their phones. Motorola phones just suck, I have friends with LG's that last forever but there always some weird software problem that occurs with motorolas that make them act weird. I turned in my first motorola 3 times WITHIN warranty b/c of random shit that would happen.

Just tonight i had to go into verizon to get a replacement for my Q b/c it would call and text people at random. It was all screwy.

http://www.lugarus.com/soft/motorolae815.jpg

RX7dood, does yours get the scratches on the metal plate right above the camera? I'm really good about keeping my phones in good condition. I clean it almost every week to keep dirt out of it, I keep the screen as clean as I can, I don't drop them. I just hate the way phones look in cheap protective cases, so I dont use it. My friend had the old V710 (the phone that the e815 basically shares its entire design with) and it had the same self-scratching problem. If I can borrow a friend's digicam I'll post pics later.

Also, harry's94tsi, do you like the Q other than that error? I've been thinking about caving and buying one, since I am not much of a fan of the new phones Verizon has out (i.e. Razr, Krzr, LG Vx8600, Samsung double hinged POS)

Yes the faux metal around the camera peeled (just a little bit) even when I had the leather case on.

I had the T720 for 2 yrs with virtually not scratches, I am pretty anal about my phone. The only other phone I've thought about getting was the RAZR, I really like the aluminum case and how thin it is.

I really like motorola's, the only complaint I have is the charging mechanism, which the RAZR addresses with the mini USB jack charger.

LG's are the worst phones on the market I can't believe anyone would put the LG over anything shy of a squishy turd. Yes I have one, its my work cell phone. It sucks so bad I am going to buy myself another phone just so I don't have to deal with it. The reception is terrible, the audio is terrible, the speaker phone is terrible, the user interface is terrible. Makes me want to run it over with the car.

Motorola E815 > *

I recently got rid of my e815. I was having the EXACT same text messaging rebooting problem as you. The final straw was when I plugged it in to charge while it was in bed. The stupid thing shut itself off and didn't charge. I missed an important call because of it. I bought a used Treo 650 off a friend of mine. I think that when I am eligible for an upgrade I'll pick up either a newer Treo or the Envy

Just look on e-bay for phones, or ask around on here. You will find plenty.

I recently got rid of my e815. I was having the EXACT same text messaging rebooting problem as you. The final straw was when I plugged it in to charge while it was in bed. The stupid thing shut itself off and didn't charge. I missed an important call because of it. I bought a used Treo 650 off a friend of mine. I think that when I am eligible for an upgrade I'll pick up either a newer Treo or the Envy

Just look on e-bay for phones, or ask around on here. You will find plenty.

Sounds like you had the same issues I'm having. I figure I'll get the warranty replacement, and if nothing improves I'll go down your path. Thanks.

Ive always had software problem's with any motorola phone I've ever had. I have friends that have had the LG-V (aka, Envy) since it first came out and never had a problem. In fact their phones could sometimes play gif's and mpeg's better than my phone where i would just get an error message. Its a more multimedia friendly phone i suppose.

That Q isn't that bad. i guess for a data phone it's pretty cheap 100-150$. Though I'd rather pick up an Envy if I was shopping right now. I text more than I talk so a keypad is a necessity. If you don't text that much than it might not be for you. I do know that it has a hell of alot more capabilities than i use/need it for. Also, if you do buy a Q they will try to upsell you on the bigger battery. Every Q owner ive ever seen has a larger battery. Personally i charge mine every night so there's no need, and even when i dont it will still last 2 days or so. Again, personal preference I suppose.

Fortunately, Motorola has since adopted the mini USB charger on the razr, krzr, and Q. I'm definitely heavy on the texting, I just wonder if it's cumbersome to have a non-flip phone?

Has anyone here used that Samsung u-740 or whatever? The double-hinged one? I'm kinda curious about it, but Samsung phones always break on all my friends.