Looking for suv, 3rd row seating

wnaplay1647545503

Used. I already have a full size conversion van and after that I could never go to a mini van. I am tired of my 2 seater and the wifes 4 seater. They both suck with a family of 5. Looking for something smaller than the van but we can all fit in reasonably for in town driving. My 12 year old isnt as small as he use to be and i am considering the future and looking for the 3rd row now.

Depending what year, the Durango didn't come with a 3rd row. Either way it was in the same class as Expedition/Suburban, though smaller than both.

Don't newer Toyota Highlander's come with 3rd row?

The Durango always had the "option" with it and it was in 90% of them. Highlander has a 3rd row. I believe the 02 and up Pathfinder has the 3rd row but I'm not sure. Obviously the Suburban, Expedition, and I think the Sequoia.

Lexus GX470.I have to admit my Wifes Sienna is nice to have since we have 3 kids also.I just got an ES350 demo from work so she said we should sell the Sienna since I have 6 cars now and the Sienna is paid off.I almost dropped over when I heard myself say "we can't sell the van".

Toyota Sequoia has it as well but its more a full size. The explorer has the third row but its useless for adults, its strictly for kids as I have sat in the third row and it SUCKS!

I have sat in the back seats of my Sequoia and it is comfortable for full grown adults as well as children.

Any mid size with third row is going to be questionable for kids and definitely a NO for adults. If this doesn't matter to you then it's no big deal but if it does you might want to test drive all mid sized with third row seats to see which best suits what you need.

Please don't give any more car advice.

I'm sorry I'll leave all the automotive expertise to those who can only make half-harted attempt's at an insult.

Dodge does not offer a larger SUV and they definitly dont offer a smaller one with a 3rd seat. Therefore Expedition/Suburban/Yukon v. Durango. He said he wanted Mid-size and non of the aforementioned are considered "mid-sized".

I agree with Blunt, go for a Envoy XL.

This is easy. For midsize, don't look any further than a 2002 - new Mercury Mountaineer. They are loaded with options, have an independent rear suspension, and are very nice. Most come with AWD and V8 is an option. I almost bought one (I had 2 1997's prior), but my wife just really liked the Buick Rainier, so we bought that instead. But it has no 3rd row seating, or else I'd reccommend that. 3rd row seating is standard on the Mountaineer, too. Or you can find a cheaper Ford Explorer with the 3rd row option... :nod:

Ah yea! That new platform is badass!

yeah the wife wants to drop the van for the Acadia.

Personally I'm not a fan of the envoys or trailblazers that have the 3rd row seating the truck just looks to long for my taste.

I'm sorry I'll leave all the automotive expertise to those who can only make half-harted attempt's at an insult.

Excellent, thanks.

I hart that idea.

Durangos are not in the same class as Expeditions, nor Suburbans, no matter how you slice it. I have owned and/or spent many hours driving and riding in all 3. I have turned many wrenches on all 3.

Durangos are night and day different from the other two SUVs. Size, weight, handling, luxury, cargo, towing, etc. Perhaps I should have replied with, "I believe you are mistaken on your classification of those particular SUVs. Please do your research before you assist other members."

But, then again, I was probably in a hurry to turn off CR, and grab another beer that night. Carry on.