A truck I'd actually buy

Kip Drordy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like all those things separately. That truck is hideous and useless. (except for track day' date=' obviously.) Anybody that drives that bike to the track, with a Desmo in the back is automatically a shitty rider. I've not met a Ducati rider yet that puts that much image behind him that can actually man up on a bike. It is a pretty easy formula. The more Ducati bling the less riding ability.[/quote']

i've met one.

his name is yota.

I like all those things separately. That truck is hideous and useless. (except for track day' date=' obviously.) Anybody that drives that bike to the track, with a Desmo in the back is automatically a shitty rider. I've not met a Ducati rider yet that puts that much image behind him that can actually man up on a bike. It is a pretty easy formula. The more Ducati bling the less riding ability.[/quote']

I used to think the same thing until i rode with this crazy fucker on a 1098. Another thing is most of the Desmos I've seen have had some nasty tires on em. Don't be such a hater.

You wouldn't drive a Ducati truck yet attend Ducati only track days at Laguna Seca. I would never go to one of those because the only people who do are douche bags who can't ride and drive Ducati trucks. Does that fit the bill or are am I judging a book by its cover? :D

Who the fuck cares what color the truck is painted anyways? I'd get one and haul my gixxer in it, Ducati stickers and all.

What's it a contest of? Toyota really doesn't make good WORK trucks. They make trucks that run forever and are good at offroading.

Not hauling, towing, payload or anything someone that REALLY uses a work truck for. And it's arguable that the GM trucks are just as lasting as the 'yotas -- and even some of the Fords make it up there in reliability and longevity too.

I'm just confused on what marketing geniuses decided it was good for Ducati OR Toyota to pair them up? Ducati is the Italian motorcycle marquee brand - Toyota is your run-of-the-mill midsize truck. I find it highly improbably that Ducati owners are looking to buy Toyota trucks to haul their bikes around with, just like I find it hard to believe most Toyota truck owners desire a Duc.

i think ill stick with unloading my bike on a makeshift ramp out of my stuck truck... pull the suit out of the back of the cab .. grab a tool box out of the bed.. and not spend 60k for the truck and too much for a bike that is bound to be crashed anyway... im a normal guy that is ok with normal trucks and normal bikes... toyota and ducati.... WASTE OF SEVERAL YEARS OF DESIGN

What's it a contest of? Toyota really doesn't make good WORK trucks. They make trucks that run forever and are good at offroading.

Not hauling, towing, payload or anything someone that REALLY uses a work truck for. And it's arguable that the GM trucks are just as lasting as the 'yotas -- and even some of the Fords make it up there in reliability and longevity too.

I'm just confused on what marketing geniuses decided it was good for Ducati OR Toyota to pair them up? Ducati is the Italian motorcycle marquee brand - Toyota is your run-of-the-mill midsize truck. I find it highly improbably that Ducati owners are looking to buy Toyota trucks to haul their bikes around with, just like I find it hard to believe most Toyota truck owners desire a Duc.

:nono: Its an advertising ploy meant to get your attention. And guess what, it worked. Gawd you're a douche, quit assuming you know everything about everything, its fucking obnoxious. I drive Toyotas and, while I don't want a $50,000 truck made by anyone, I would love to have a Duc.

Edited by max power

You're missing the point. This is a study in what a track day junkie would want out of their tow vehicles. Period. It's obvious that this is a single use vehicle. It isn't meant to haul gravel, go offroading or anything other than carrying a motorcycle to and from places.

The marketing side of it? Who knows? Run-of-the-mill midsize truck? They're all run-of-the-mill. There really isn't a marque pickup brand. That's why there is so much parody in the segment.

What kind of truck do you think Ducati owners want? What makes any of them more appealing than a Toyota?