Race only car.

thorne

I'm looking into buying a third car. I dont want to drop an intial cost over over 2000. But I would like it to be a platform with potial.

Suggestions? I might have a bit more cash then that in 2 months when im ready to pick it up. But I'm not sure.

My goals

1/4 mile 12's (End goal can start in the 14's)

autocrossable

track racing if so i desire.

Street Drivable

Pay off your other cars negative equity first man!!

damn, but if you insist on going more into debt...there are a million cars you can buy for $2000 initially, you didn't say how much you plan to spend on the car in order to acheive said goals though. If you only want to buy a car for $2000 or less, and spend another $500-$1000, get a dsm awd turbo, but if you want to buy a car for $2000 and spend $5000, get something v8 rwd.

or why not just buy a nice sport bike, a 600 will be more than fast enough for you.

I am paying off my debt.

You know even if I'm saving and paying debts i still want to have some fun..

I've got a bike. I don't know if i can ride a sport bike with my back. Here are the cars I've thought about.

80's Camaro

80's Supra

fox body 5.0

DSM's (AWD ONLY)

say no to the supra, too heavy, i had an 89 and they weigh like 3500+ lbs, 80 v8 camaro's and foxbodies are good ideas, i'm building a sbf now.

or a dsm, i know of an awd turbo auto, like a 92 for $500, runs and drives, but just needs little tlc. lmk if you're interested.

buy a blown up fiero and drop a l67 into it... then cam it and you ahve a 12 sec car that is fast and can auto cross like a champ easy swap to do and very cheap and you already know some about the l67 and its a very strong engine

buy a blown up fiero and drop a l67 into it... then cam it and you ahve a 12 sec car that is fast and can auto cross like a champ easy swap to do and very cheap and you already know some about the l67 and its a very strong engine

cam, 3.2 pulley, headers, exhaust, intake, injectors, tune

would be one bad ass fiero..

agreed but you need custom made headers to run a 3.25 probubly cause no gtp header will fit into a fiero i think...

or

more money but here is what i would do

3.0 pulley intercooled, cammed, tunned, thats 12 second gtp so i would say mid to low 11 sec fiero or for cheaper and still fast as balls

3.4 cammed pems intake exhaust tunned but he already knows how to work with the l67 so its all how far you want to go

I want to know about the AWD DSM. I've got 500 cash if its running.

As for the fiero. Thats a fun diea but, With the light Front end you can run into issues. Its on my last now though.

good idea but it takes money to build a dsm and keep it running.

V8 Rx-7 :D

Read my mind, Simmons. A V8 FB or FC is incredibly cheap to build. The BOLT IN conversion kit is $200 from Granny's Speed Shop, and requires no welding or fitting of any kind. The only thing you really need to worry about is how to run the exhaust.

good idea but it takes money to build a dsm and keep it running.

Just like any other car that is going to be used for what he's planning.

An awd dsm will do the job, so will a fox body or an LS1 powered FC rx7. Any of those will fulfill your goal.