Information relative to international employement: Canada?

Science Abuse

I may have an employment opportunity in Toronto. Before I consider it, I have come to terms with the fact that I know nothing about what will be required of me and my employer.

I will be wanting to live and work in Canada (no 200mi commute for me), what will I have to do to satisfy our respective immigration gods?

make sure your background is clean. minor traffic violations are okay, but misdemeanors can keep you out.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pub/you-asked/section21.html#2

minor drug offenses, assault etc. also, DUI is considered a VERY SERIOUS offense in canada.

if you have any of these, you have to fill out a form, signed by members of the community attesting to your rehabilitation. then pay like 300 bucks.

You have to realize that canadian income taxes are MUCH higher a n d as a bonus, you won't be paying into social security in the US plus there is no 401k type system in canada. I would say that you need a 50% USD raise in order to make up for this stuff.

Toronto is a pretty nice city to live in, I have several friend there. If you have children to need to know the language laws for school children, they will probably be forced into a french only school.

Toronto is a pretty nice city to live in, I have several friend there. If you have children to need to know the language laws for school children, they will probably be forced into a french only school.

in toronto? isnt that a more english speaking area than french? i thought french was more north and east into quebec?

You have to realize that canadian income taxes are MUCH higher a n d as a bonus, you won't be paying into social security in the US plus there is no 401k type system in canada. I would say that you need a 50% USD raise in order to make up for this stuff.

There are foreign tax credits... he needs to talk to a tax professional, as in, a CPA